Honey & Lemon Tea

-
--
---

"I'mma have some cold Milk in Tea and one  Honey Lemon juice for my husband." The lady infront of me says, as I tapped in their order on the counter screen. "Oh and a slice of your raspberry cheesecake." She smiled, as she announces her last bit of orders.

A few days have gone by since the brunette and I first heard each other's voices, that being now very common as we've been calling each other every time im out of work and him only to be awake by his morning-afternoon slumber.

It was fun, and usually whenever Nick tries to call me in the middle of my conversation with George, I'd instantly ignore his call. I had fun, the brunette is even more surprisingly talkative than just the text messages.

"Would that be all ma'am?" I asked the lady, giving me nod, "and to whom may these drinks be served?" I asked again telling me her name which was Delilah, then she  glances down at my name tag, calling me by my name before I tapped on the enter button as the receipt prints out of the mini machine printer, giving it to her after she payed me with a tip for my own.

I thanked him before making her order, filling up two cups of her and her husband's desired drink before taking out a slice of the raspberry cheesecake. Toby went ahead and served the next customer while I took the drinks and the cake to the couple on table number seven, it was the same table that man named George seated.

Surprisingly I haven't seen him come around after that encounter the last couple of days, and I didn't really pay it at mind for there's more than one George in this planet.

I said that too soon...

After serving the couple their orders, I made my way to the counter for the next incoming costumer, passing by my classmate Toby who's busy mixing with another tea drink. I went and greeted the man standing infront of the counter, to which my surprised was the same man I thought who wouldn't come back.

"Good afternoon Clay, I'll have the usual." He smiled, his pearly whites showing while his eyes focused upon me. I didn't even get to complete saying my greeting as he interrupted.

"Oh, it's you again, George." I said, slightly more like a mumble as the brunette raised his hands and waved.

It feels weird to call someone the same name as the person your seeing. Well, not in a romantic way but you get what I mean. Gah, my mind is all fuzzy. There's just something about the George I know that's special...

"You seem better Clay." George chuckled, as I tapped in the same order he had last time. Honey with Lemon Tea and one slice of Blueberry Cake.

"Thank you, Mr. George and you've been better too." I politely respond. "Are you perhaps getting anything else?"

"No, that is all." He said smiling.

I tapped the enter button, printing out the receipt as George handed out the money. "Keep the change, as your tip." He said, before leaving his glance at me as I thanked him. Walking away to the table right next to the two couple I served at earlier.

There's something about him that's making me feel weird. His name, his hair and the British accent all resembled the George I know. I hurriedly made his usual drink, pouring the ingredients on a glass before taking out a slice of Blueberry Cheesecake. Another one of my barista co-worker took the care of the next costumer, while I walked towards the brunette to serve his tea and snack.

I humbly greeted him as usual before placing down his order, not bothering to say anything else while my eyes focused on what I was doing. I could tell he was starring at me the entire time, as if he wanted to say something.

"I didn't come here yesterday because I had a patient that needed to be checked." He mumbles, as if apologizing to a barista like me who only works for this cafe.

"Pardon?" I speak, wondering why he apologize.

"I am a veterinarian, my shift was full yesterday as there was an emergency. So I wasn't able to take my afternoon tea." He responded, making an 'o' as he explained the reason behind his absence.

So he isn't the George I know, just someone similar in appearances.

"I see, so how was the patient?" I asked, trying to make a light conversion as it is forbidden to talk to the costumers for too long.

"It went well, his owner accidentally spilled chlorine on the dog's water, and he didn't realized it until his dog started to seizure." He said, take his cup of tea as he takes a in the honey and ginger smell.

"That must be awful." I sigh, as he gave me a nod before telling me that I should continue on my work.

I bid him a small farewell before going back to the counter. Toby was there serving another costumer as I asked one of my coworkers if I could help with their orders.

A few hours ticking by before it was finally my time to head home. Today went very well, only that there's been s few more costumers. But it is always like that during the afternoon shifts.

My mind drifted unto George, wondering if he's already awake as I entered the dormitory building, decided I should walk up from the stairs while making my way to the floor of my room.

I unlocked the door once reached, going inside as I tossed my winter coat on the nearest chair I could see. It has been like this since I started a couple days back. Plopping down on Nick's soft mattress while my thoughts drifted to earlier events.

I waited, and waited until an hour has passed and there hasn't been a single 'good morning' from the brunette. It was weird knowing he'd usually be the one to text me first at night when he wakes up.

I slowly got myself off the bed, my hands clutching on my phone as I waited. It seems like he must have slept in? Or maybe he forgot to charge his phone and his battery died.

I wouldn't really know what's going in with him, especially since he lives a bit further south at the town of Stockport. I only hoped that he'd soon reply as I began typing in my message that I soon pressed the enter button as it sends.

Clay
+44 7970 XXXXX
"Are you awake yet?"

-
--
---

(1117)