Chapter 15.

(Ruby pov)

Okay, dancing seems easier then I expected. Or I just have a good teacher and partner. whenever I messed up a step he would pull some skill move to make it seem like it meant to happen. And he also dodged my foot when I was about to step on him. I wonder how he got so good.

(Y/n) "see? Your a natural."

A natural? Psh, nah I almost stepped on you like 15 times. Wait. He has his hand on my waist. aaaAHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD DOES HE EVEN REALISE?!

(Y/n) 'my hand is on her waist. Play it cool, don't get happy trooper.'

(Third person pov)

The two continue dancing, both mentally screaming, but still somehow performing pretty well. They both move in sync, with a light blush on each others faces, they both smile slightly. (Y/n) looks at Ruby and nods his head at her, Ruby tilts her head, but when (y/n) raises his hand into the air along with hers, she gets the message and spins gracefully. When (y/n) hears the music coming to a stop, he leans In and whispers in her ear.

(Y/n) "lean backwards on my signal."

Ruby "what?"

(Y/n) "lean back as far as you can. Trust me."

She nods her head. Just before the music ends, (y/n) nods his head at her. She leans as far back as she can, (y/n) moves his hand from her waist and wraps his arm behind her. He also pulls his hand, which is interlocked with Ruby's hand, which is not on his shoulder, towards him, creating the perfect dip.

(Y/n) "perfect."

Ruby "I tried my best. But this hurts."

(Y/n) "3 seconds longer."

After exactly 3 seconds, (y/n) pulls Ruby back up. They both seperate their hands and smile at each other.

Ruby "you are a good teacher and dancing partner."

(Y/n) "you were the best dancing partner. It was a pleasure."

Ruby "same."

The both then immediately evacuate to the same punch bowl.

(Y/n) + Ruby "great minds think alike."

They both 'clink' their cups, and drink some punch. Soon after, Jaune wonders over.

Jaune "I see you two are hiding at the punch bowl too."

(Y/n) "Well me and Ruby just danced. But right now? Yup."

Ruby "Yup."

Ruby pops the P at the end. Jaune raises his cup slightly.

Jaune "to the socially awkward."

Ruby giggles and clinks his cup.

Ruby "sorry things didn't work out with Weiss."

Jaune "Oh its fine. I've moved on. I got some good advice."

(Y/n) smiles as he takes a sip of his punch.

(Y/n) "so, things go well with Pyrrah?"

Jaune "I made a bet with her. Didn't come with her though."

(Y/n) spits out his drink.

(Y/n) "what!? Jaune you idiot!"

Jaune "what? No way I'll lose."

(Y/n) "enlighten me. What was the dare?"

Jaune "that if she doesn't get a partner, I'll wear a dress."

(Y/n) "Okay, whilst that is a funny mental image, I hope you have the dress ready."

Ruby "(y/n)!"

(Y/n) "what? You know I'm right."