Bloody Night [ Egypt X Vietnam ]

Running. Running was all he could do. His lover's hand was in his, running with him to only God knows where. They didn't really care about where they were heading, all they cared about was to run from that hungry witch.

Witch? Was that really the right term to describe her? Definitely not. That wasn't a hungry witch, it was a bloodthirsty beast that was only seeking to kill whomever passed by and prey on it.

The forest seemed like an endless one, with muddy grounds and stems of trees slowing them down. Gupta tried his best to not let go of his beloved's hand no matter what, to him, it was either they fall together or run together. He was ready to sacrifice himself for her, but he knew all too well that the beast won't stop at him and would seek for the blood of his beloved too.

He had to run. He had to run as fast as he could to at least save her. Adrenaline pumping in his veins was probably the only thing that kept him going till that moment.

They finally found a cave where they could hide in until the beast gets bored of trying to find them. He suddenly pulled both of them into that cave to rest from running for a while. They took deep breaths to make it for the minutes of running.

It was all silent for a while and the lovers were starting to think that the beast had already left, but oh, were they wrong.

The witch suddenly grasped Lien's leg and pulled her to her bloody fate. The girl screamed a bloody one and extended her arms towards Gupta as if telling him to help her, but it was all in vain, he couldn't do a thing. It was too late for him to do a thing, he could only put his hands on his mouth to prevent himself from screaming as he cried his eyes out.

The witch wanted to torture both, whether physically or emotionally. She started by using her nails to create deep scars on the girl's stomach and chest. The girl's screams were so loud that they were music to the witch's ears. But either way, the fun had to end.

"One and two. One and two. And off with her head." The witch said in a singsong tone just before beheading Lien. At that moment, Gupta couldn't hold his scream back and let it all out.

The witch looked at him with a wicked smile, indicating that his turn was soon to come, she was right at that. One moment, Gupta was hiding in a cave, the other, he had his neck grasped in the witch's hands. He looked directly in her glowing black eyes, only seeing haters and lust for blood. And at that moment, he knew for a fact that he wouldn't make it alive.

"Oh, dearie. So sad for her death?" The witch started in a sympathetic tone but only showing that she didn't care. "Now I should kill you too so you could meet in another fairytale." She added in a dark tone, meaning that the two lovers were only some pathetic humans to her, nothing more.

She started digging her nails into his chest slowly and he started gasping for air desperately.

"One and two. One and two. And off with his heart." She said in the same singsong voice she used before killing the girl just before taking out his heart.

Gupta suddenly sat up in his bed, clutching the cloth of his shirt over his heart, taking deep breaths as if his heart was really taken out. He looked around him, noticing that he was in his bedroom, and that only meant one thing. He quickly looked to the left side of the bed and was relieved to find his wife, Lien, safe and sound. He sighed loudly, letting his body rest on the bed again, kissing the forehead of his beloved.

She slowly opened her eyes to see Gupta staring at her. She smiled a small one asking if there was anything wrong, but he didn't answer. He was too caught up in the fact of knowing that she was alive to notice that she asked a question. She frowned and used her left hand to caress his right cheek and then asked the same question again, only then he noticed.

He let a sad smile form on his face and took her hand of his cheek. He gently kissed her knuckles and answered saying: "Nothing, my dear. Night terrors is all. Such a bloody nightmare it was indeed."