Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Everything that is underlined is plot that I added or changed from the official books.

Chapter Six: Gilderoy Lockhart

Those that knew Lockhart had to restrain themselves from groaning.

...

Harry had only just started his porridge when, sure enough, there was a rushing sound and a hundred or so owls streamed in, circling the hall and dropping letters and packages into the chattering crowd. A big, pumpy package bounced off Neville's head and, a second later, something large and gray fell into Hermione's jug, spraying them all with milk and feathers.

"Errol!" said Ron, pulling the bedraggled owl by the feet. Errol slumped, unconscious, onto the table, his legs in the air and a damp red envelope in his beak.

"I think it's time to retire, Errol." Remus said as an aside to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

Mrs. Weasley signed and nodded. While Mr. Weasley thought about just how many hours he would have to work before he would be able to afford a new family owl. But then he remembered, He had a very good job offer from Harry.

"Oh, on -" Ron gasped.

"It's all right, he's still alive," said Hermione, prodding Errol gently with the tip of her finger.

"It's not that - it's that."

...

"- STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE -"

...

"- LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD HAVE BOTH HAVE DIED -"

...

"- ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED - YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

After that, Mrs. Weasley softened her attitude towards Ron. Figuring that the howler was punishment enough.

A ringing silence fell. The red envelope, which had dropped from Ron's hand, burst into flames and curled into ashes. Harry and Ron sat stunned, as though a tidal wave had just passed over them. A few people laughed and, gradually, a babble of talk broke out again.

...

As they neared the greenhouses they saw the rest of the class standing outside, waiting for Ms. Sprout. Harry, Ron, and Hermionehad only just joined them when she came striding into view across the lawn, accompanied by Gilderoy Lockhart. Ms. Sprout's arms were full of bandages, and with another twinge of guilt, Harry spotted the Whomping Willow in the distance, several of its branches now in slings.

Sprouts mouth dropped, as she sputtered indignantly. Who is he to tell her how to properly care for her plants?

...

"Oh, hello there!" he called, beaming around at the assembled students. "Just been showing Professor Sprout the right way to doctor a Whomping Willow! But I don't want you running away with the idea that I'm better at Herbology than she is! I just happen to have met several of these exotic plants on my travels..."

"Greenhouse three today, shaps!" said Ms. Sprout, who was looking distinctly disgruntled, not at all her usual cheerful self.

...