Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Everyone grew even more curious - and confused - at her one word answers and her reactions.

"You can't aparate in or out of Hogwarts." Luna said, "but I didn't aparate. There are more ways to travel using magic than you realize. The Wizarding World has just forgotten about them."

"Huh?"

"Let me put it this way." Loki said, picking up his goblet. "Remember when Rowena told all of you what classes I taught, all those centuries ago?"

Seeing the slow head nods he continues, "I can get in and out of Hogwarts whenever I want. Partly because I was the one who made and wrote the wards. I then taught my favorite students how to do the same thing." Turning his head, Loki looks at Fury. "Also, you don't honestly think that a glass box would be able to contain me, do you?"

Fury glared at him as he clenched his jaw.

Shaking his head slightly, Loki sighs, "For a supposedly technologically advanced agency, you think that you would be able to tell the difference between an illusion, and the real thing."

"What?!" Fury said, pounding his fist on the table.

"Mm." Loki hummed, "I was out of that fish bowl, and replaced by one of my illusions before the door had even closed."

Fury growled as he glared at the side of his head. "So you were wondering free on my helicarrier?!"

"Mmhm." Loki said, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh!" Loki said, having just remembered something. "By the way, the vending machines in the cafeteria are out of snacks."

Loki brought the goblet still in his hand up to his lips, and took a gulp. Placing it back down on the table, he looked around at the silent hall, with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"I hope you paid for those." Fury growled.

Loki choked on his drink. "Pay?! Why in the name of the Norn's would I do such a thing?"

Fury glared and growled.

Loki smirked, "That reminds me, you might want to check the bourbon in your desk as well."

Fury's eye widened slightly, twitching.

Chapter Twelve :The Polyjuice Potion

They stepped off the stone staircase at the top, and Ms McGonagall rapped on the door. It opened silently and they entered. McGonagall told Harry to wait and left him there, alone.

"Being sent to the principal's office is never good." Toni shook her head. Her fellow heroes nodded theirs in agreement.

...

He walked quietly around the desk, lifted the hat from its shelf, and lowered it slowly onto his head. It was much too large and slipped down over his eyes, just as it had done the last time he'd put it on. Harry stared at the black inside of the hat, waiting. Then a small voice said in his ear, "Bee in your bonnet, Harry Potter?"

"Er, yes," Harry muttered. "Er - sorry to bother you - I wanted to asked -"

"You've been wondering whether I put you in the right House," said the hat smartly. "Yes...you were particularly difficult to place. But I stand by what I said before" - Harry's heart leapt - "you would have well in Slytherin -"

"I would have dismantled it, from the inside out." Harry thought scornfully. Harry paused, his eyes widening slightly, "Damn, the hat was right. Dammit."