🦋The cutest stranger

TWO
The cutest stranger.

Three knocks on my door.

I looked at my phone screen and saw it was 8 am.
Of course I was already awake, my protein smoothie already down in my stomach and with my clothes on to go out.

But who in their right state of mind would knock on my door this early?

Three more knocks on my door and I rolled my eyes, heading to the entrance of my apartment.

Guess who.

"Good morning, Tommo!" - Niall shouted once I opened the door. - "Brought you pancakes. I just made them."

"No, thanks." - I said, closing the door in his face.

"But they are yummy!" - He shouted from the other side.

"I don't care, I'm going for a run." - I said, taking my water bottle and opening the door again just to pass by him and heading out.

"Can I join you?"

"No." - I said, already connecting my earbuds and shutting the world out.

I saw Niall moving his lips as if he still was speaking to me so I made one last effort to listen to him.

"What did you say?"

"I said that tonight I invited my friend over, you should totally meet him, Tommo."

"I don't want to meet anyone, Niall. Also, stop calling me Tommo. I'm Louis from now on. Goodbye." - I said, ignoring his last words until I was out of the building.

I smiled to myself and secured the snapback in my head, still trying to avoid any other recognition.

With only the bottle of water, phone and keys, I went out for a morning run.
Because even if I was on vacation, I needed to stay in rhythm.

And running always cleared my mind too, so it was exactly what I needed.

Loud music playing in my ears and my feet matching the sound of the music as they hit the asphalt.

There weren't many people outside being that early in the morning, except for the ones walking their dogs and early workers.

I decided to take a turn and head to the beach and see what the view looked like since the day before I was too tired to even go for a walk.

And to my surprise, it was gorgeous.

The sun was still rising, shades of orange and pink in the sky, reflecting smoothly over the sea.

Really nice place to sunbathe, breathe fresh ocean air and just relax. Also, not many people there either.

Guess I have plans for later then.

I continued my way back to the asphalt and the little touristic and commercial street. The one with most of the shops and restaurants, to see that it was a little more crowded than the blocks around my apartment.

That's why I turned around and avoided it.

Less people that see me, less people that will recognize me and tell the media my current location.

I returned to the beach and continued running down the shore until I came across a pier with some fishermen doing their morning routine.

This really was a little town with old customs and traditions. Sometimes it even reminded me of a vintage movie.

Everything seemed the perfect picture, everything seemed calculated and rehearsed.

The sound of the waves crashing, the perfect sky, the fisherman humming some unknown song, a dog running towards the pier, and the smell of the deep blue ocean in front of me.