Chapter - 1

This chapter is more of an introduction of our main characters! Please keep in mind since this is a zombie apocalypse story there will be a bunch of gross stuff, so be warned !

~~

"Now Alex!"

A loud boom echoed through the abandoned building. Walls crumbling down, the ceiling falling apart. A group of teens run out the doors jumping into the opened jeep. "Go Go Go!" the girl yelled. "calm down Esmi, we're going"

Esmi, the girl will long black hair that was tied in to low pig tails. she had a dirty scarf covering her neck and goggles on top of her head. She was wearing a grey long sleeve and black plants. Leather straps on her thighs to hold throwing knives.

"i'm not trying to die today nick" she smirked at the boy drive the vehicle. Nick, had a dirty scarf on too, and wore a white shirt with a few holes and black pants, his arms where covered in leather straps that held bullets.

"Yeah bro that could have hit us" Alex, who was sitting next to Esmi said. Alex wore a black bandana around his head. He wore a white shirt with black pants, his chest was covered with leather straps that held everything he needed.

"Oh come on, we've done worse things, and you guys are scared of a little explosion?" laughed the guy sitting in the front next to Nick. "Oh shut up Caleb, you got to sit in the car while we did all the work." Caleb wore something similar to Alex but had the leather strapped to his left arm. 

"Let's just hurry up and get to the others, it's almost sun rise." Alex said to try and calm them down. "Alex is right, we don't need them following us.

"We're back!" Esmi yelled. "Welcome back!" a little girl yelled, she had blonde hair and was wearing one of Alex's shirts. "Hello amor, do you know where jacob is?" alex asked, the little girl shrugged her shoulders and ran at Nick and Caleb who picked her up. Her name is Lilly, they found her running from a pack of zombies 2 years ago, she'll be turning 8 really soon. Alex and Esmi, started yelling for jacob, until they found him in his room sleeping. They both looked at each other and jumped on him making him yell from surprise. 

"What the hell is wrong with you guys. I would have killed you if i had a gun." he sighed sitting up. "Well unfortunately you didn't, so oh well." Alex laughed seeing his face. They all loved each other like a family, they would do anything for each other. Even if it means taking a bullet.

"Come on J, we need to work on the garden, you promised Lily she could help, remember?" Esmi smirked as Jacob groaned. The sun shined through his windows lighting up the room. "Hurry, i'm starving, and we need food." Alex said throwing a pillow and jacob's face and taking off. "Son of a-" jacob was cut off to Lilly laughing and she walked in holding a glass of water. "Nick told me to bring this to you! I'm being helpful today!" Lily smiled widely at Jacob. He took the glass and thanked her.

"Get dressed and wait for me down stairs okay?" Jacob said before drinking the water. Lily giggled and ran out of the room. Esmi smiled at him and got off his bed walking to help Lily. "Hurry up, times ticking" Esmi laughed and walked out.

People may say being the only girl in a group of 5 is weird. But Esmi couldn't ask for anything better. She loves her guys, and they know it. They are everything she could ask for in a person, but 4 different ones. Alex is funny and wild, Nick is more calm but can make jokes. Caleb is caring but mischievous and Jacob is just helpful, and smart. They are all things Esmi would need in life. Then there's Lily, the little girl they saved, it took her a couple of months to get used to these people. But once she would comfortable she would never leave them alone. They all loved her.