Chapter - 2

Please keep in mind that this story is about the zombie apocalypse so there will be gross things and blood and guns. Be warned!

"Please please PLEASE, be safe." Jacob said, his hands holding the door to the jeep they were in. "Since when have we ever broken a promise Ja?" Alex said smirking. Jacob rolled his eyes as Nick started the car. "We will make it back in one piece. Also, we all have our radios, alright? No need to worry." Caleb said. Esmi nodded to his statement. Jacob stood back and watched as they left. He closed the garage and walked back inside.

Both Alex and Esmi had their hands up while driving threw they road. They had low music playing only they could hear. Lucky, they had music players from their grandparents. The one thing they got to keep from their families. While Caleb was adjusting his mask, Esmi was putting on her goggles. This time Alex would stay in the car while Caleb went inside. Before they came to a stop they saw a light, Nick slowed the car and looked at Caleb before stopping the car. Both Caleb and Esmi got out, while Alex pulled out a sniper and aimed around both of them. Nick held a gun in his hand while he watched his friends walk to the light.

Esmi held a knife in both hands. One upside down and the other upside up. Caleb help a gun in his hand as he lead the way. They sneaked around and peeked around the corner. They both saw a group of men with a women with dark brown hair between them. It looked like she was getting blood from a zombie. Next to them was a van with the word gods spelled on it. But they were spaced out. Esmi and Caleb looked at each other.

Suddenly a noise came from behind them. A zombie. They both held their breath as they heard a gun go off. It was Alex, the group suddenly looked over to their direction and both of them booked it. Ran for the jeep. "Who's over there!" Yelled one of the men as they took the lady in the van. "Nick drive hurry!" Caleb yelled as they both got in. Nick pressed the gas and left. "What the hell was that about?" Alex yelled. "There was a group of people, and they looked geared up, like heavy loaded." Caleb said. "Like another group?" Nick asked. "No, like these people were like the FBI, and they had a lady with them." Esmi said. "We will talk about it when we get back, okay?"

"WHAT?" Jacob said, he couldn't believe it, they haven't seen or heard of any life around here in so long. "Yeah there were other people!" Caleb yelled. "Impossible." Jacob said. "I'm not going to lie, I heard someone yell after you guys." Alex commented. "Not only that, I saw someone." He continued. "They had GODS, written on the van they were in. And they covered head to toe in black." Jacob looked at Esmi in disbelief. "Let's say what you guys are on about is true. We are only 10 minutes away from the city, what if they come here? What will we do?" Jacob asked, making the other 4 think.

(So when I said they had a plan for everything, I lied.)

"I don't know, but we need to think of something now. They could have followed us!" Nick yelled, but he suddenly turned hearing footsteps. "Why a-are you g-guys yelling?" Lily whispered. Caleb walked over and picked her up. "We just found something, okay Lil? No need to cry dear." He said trying to calm her. "Let's get you to bed so you can help Jacob in the morning, okay?" He carried her up the stairs to her room leaving the others alone. "I have an idea, if they come to the house we grab Lily and make our way to the garage from one of our routes, then take the van. And leave. That's it" Alex said, pointing at our house layout. Most of their ideas came from him, but were build out by Nick and Jacob.

Esmi POV

I can't sleep, what we saw was something we haven't seen other people in so long. It feels like a dream. I sat on my window with my legs dangling out. The cold air making it's way in my room. I hear the door open and turn to see Nick. I move over to the left making room for him. He sits next to me with his back on the wall. " I read a story one time." He starts, i turn and smile at him. "Story time with Nickie?" I giggle, making him smile. Something I haven't seen in so long. One he only gives to Lily. "Anyways, i read a story, of a place called Olympus, but it was made from the ground, nothing of what the actually gods are like. But, it's where Dr.Davis worked, before all hell broke loose. It's said that there are people still alive there, and people treat them like gods. That's why they call the building Olympus. Maybe that's what you guys saw." I thought for a moment. Taking in everything he said.

"Let's say that is what we saw. What will we get from it? Is it safe? Or will it be our death?" I asked turning to face him. "Who knows, but we can never be too careful. We didn't even get anything for Lily. But her birthday is coming up. We need to talk about what we will do for her." I nodded my head in agreement. He has a point. We do need to do something. Something better than last year. " we can go out tomorrow night and look for another store. I think there is one 15 minutes south from here." He said showing me a map. "Oh Nick, who carries a map around." I chuckled.

"I was just in Jacob's room you dimwit" Nick groaned and pulled the map into his pocket. "Oh? And why's that? I asked. "We were planing on where to go. Maybe there's a place where the virus hasn't spread." He said getting off the window. "Zombie." He said making me turn my head seeing a zombie in our garden. We both rush downstairs seeing Alex with a gun to the door but he's hesitant. Alex never hesitates. "Alex?" I ask moving next to him.

"I-I can't.." he whispered. I looked out seeing a infected lady. She looked young. Younger than us but older than Lily. Nick shoots the zombie once it noticed us. Alex falls to his knees taking me down with him. "Alex? Alex, what's wrong?" I ask wiping the tears that started to fall down his face. "M-mi hermana Esmi.. my sister.." I looked up at Nick who's eyes were widen as he stared outside.

"Alex? Was that your sister?" I asked looking back at him. He slowly nodded and hugged me making my shirt wet from his tears. Nick walked outside and examined the body. I brushed my fingers through his hair trying to calm him down. I can see why he hesitated, I would too. I heard the door shut and saw Nick. He crouched down and took Alex's hands, and placed something inside. He close his hands and kissed the outside of Alex's hands and left. I watched as Nick left and Alex got up. Leaving. I was left alone in the kitchen. By self, I decided to get some water and make my way back to bed.

Alex's POV

when I was younger, me and my sister made a promise to always be by each other's side. No matter what. But when the virus broke out. I watched as my infected parents attacked her. I lucky got out alive, but she didn't. When I found Nick and Jacob. I stayed with them, but didn't talk much. It took me a while to get used to them. I was in so much pain. But when Caleb came into the picture. I started to open up more. I eventually became the person I am today.

But when I saw my little sister I hesitated. I froze on the stop. Something I've never done. It was too much for me. But now she can Rest In Peace. What Nick gave me was a locket and a bracelet. The locket had a picture of my family and I. A year before the world went to shit. And the bracelet was one I had made her on her 15th birthday. I placed both items on my nightstand and laid in bed. I just hoped tomorrow will be different.

Chapter 2 done!
1467 words!