Chapter 4

~2 months later~
"Good morning baby." Ben said as he woke up in Miranda's bed.
"Morning, I'm very excited to go to the beach."
"Me too but I just wanna see you in that bikini with all your cheeks hanging out."
"I bet you do." She kissed his chest then got up to go take a shower.
Over the past two months Ben he signed a contract with the Portland Trailblazers and moved closer to Seattle to be with Miranda. Since his team is in the off season he spends every weekend at her apartment including Friday's.
"You almost done." Ben talked as he finished brushing his teeth.
"Yeah."
"Okay, I need to shower too so don't waste all the water, I know how you women are."
"Oh whatever." Miranda rolled her eyes although Ben couldn't see her.
She got out of the shower and left the water running for him while he was getting a towel. Finally they were ready to head to the beach, Miranda was wearing a green center loop wrap around bikini with a white cover up. Ben was wearing a pair of blue swim trunks with pineapples on them. He drove them to beach and parked on the side of the road on the strip.
"I bet you'll have to sign at least 15 autographs today or at least talk to them anyways." Miranda held his hand as that walked on to the sand.
"I'm hoping that it will be just kind of a me and you day."
"Me too but everywhere we go it seems like there's a fan."
"Is that problem." He questioned as they found a spot on the beach to put all their things.
"No, just sometimes it can be frustrating because it takes time away from us."
"I'm sorry babe, but this beach is huge and not crowded today so I bet no one will even try and talk to me."
"You sure about that." Miranda said as she pointed to fan that was waking up behind Ben.
After Ben talked to the fan for a few minutes they put some towels on the ground so they could lay in the sun for a bit.
"Baby, come rub this tanning lotion on my back." She asked while grabbing the lotion out of her bag.
"You don't have to ask me twice." Ben took the lotion and squirted some in his hand.
He made sure he rubbed the tanning lotion all over her back and shoulders. He also made sure that he rubbed her butt which kind of turned her on.
"I think you should do that more often."
"Which part." Ben asked as he laid in his stomach as well beside his girlfriend.
"All of it." She laughed.
They laid out in the sun for a while to they both got hit and decided to go get in the water for a bit.
"So, I want you to help me decide on a house to buy in Portland." He told her as she wrapped her legs around his waist in the water.
"Whatever you get will be fine, you could live in a trailer and I still wouldn't care."
"I know, but I want you to pick because when you come to the home games you can stay with me overnight."
"When does the season officially start." Miranda asked as she put his hat that he was wearing on her head.
"We start October 19th so I need to get a place to live in by August which give us a good month to actually look at houses."
"Okay well the only request I have is that I have a large walk in closet and a hot tub, whatever else you want is up to you."
"Well I think I can make that work." Ben floated in the water with Miranda and then kissed her neck.
They two of them made their way up to the shore and went and laid down on their towels, Ben had rolled over on his side and rubbed Miranda's thigh.
"Babe we're in public, don't do that." She tried moving his hand away but instead he grabbed it and kissed it.
"How do expect me not to when all that ass is hanging out."
"Let's get outta here." Miranda started throwing all their stuff in the bag and quickly walked to the car.
Ben was driving his blue corvette and pulled into a parking garage. He pulled down his swim trunks and Miranda leaned over and put her mouth over him. She jerked his penis with her hand til he was good and hard then started deep throating him. While she was leaned over, Ben stuck in his middle and ring finger into her which made her eyes roll to the back of her head.
"Ohhhh Miranda, I need you to cum for me right now. You better cum for daddy." He pumped his fingers in and out of her.
Miranda pulled her mouth from off of been and started stroking him until they both had came.
"You're such a bad girl."
"I didn't do anything wrong daddy." Miranda poked her lip out at him.
"Is that backtalk." Ben put his thumb on her lower lip.
"No sir."
"Are you sure about that."
"I'm sure daddy." She said then he shoved his thumb down her throat until she gagged.
They finished off by Miranda ridding him in the front seat then had a brief cooling off period.
"You're so damn hot." Ben kissed her breast that were sitting below his face.
"It must be all this ass I have."
"That's gotta be why, I mean especially when it's on my face and all."
"Is that right." She grabbed his hand and made him rub her but before they left the parking garage.
When they left they drove to Miranda's apartment and got in the shower together.
"Hey babe, I have to be at work in about an hour so do wanna lay down and cuddle for a bit." She put on some jeans and a hoodie.
"Yeah, just let me go put some shorts on." Ben brushed out his waves and grabbed some Nike shorts out of his bag.
They both laid on the bed and watched Orange is the New Black.
"I'm so glad you chose me to be your girlfriend."
"Yeah well me too, because you know I had plenty of other girls lined up but they just didn't meet my expectations."
"Yeah I'm sure you did." Miranda rolled her eyes and rubbed his bare chest.
They laid together and would sometimes share kisses back in forth but shortly Miranda had to leave.
"Okay Benjamin, you have to let me go now." She kissed his forehead.
"But can't you stay."
"I wish I could but I gotta make money some way."
"Fine, but when will I see you." Ben stroked her hand with his thumb.
"We'll my shift starts at six tonight and I work eight teen hours tonight, so I'll probably get home around around twelve thirty tomorrow afternoon."
"That's way to long."
"I'll FaceTime you when I get the chance okay." Miranda laughed and put on her crocs.
"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." He kissed her lips softly before she left.
After a few hours Miranda's shift was hectic, she had scrubbed in on three surgery's already because of a huge train derailment. Ben was blowing up her phone but she was busy and wouldn't be able to answer til the flood of patients was dealt with. At least 5 hours later everything was calm and Miranda found some time to call Ben.
"Sorry it's late but we have been slam packed because of a train derailment." She let out a deep breath as she sat in an on call room.
"Dang, sorry I called you so much."
"It's fine but know that if I don't pick up after like the fifth ring I'm probably busy and will call back later."
"Alright, well I bet you're tired so I'll let you get some rest." Ben smiled and watched her yawn.
"Okay, well I'll talk to you later." She waved to the phone then laid down in the on call bed.
Finally Miranda's shift was over and she was headed home to see Ben, but when she got home he wasn't there. She walked through the house but didn't see him, she finally found a note from him. It read "Hi baby, I had to fly back to Charlotte because my brother is having emergence surgery. I would have called but I know you were busy with work and I didn't want to bother you. I have the jet waiting for you if you wanna fly down but it's totally up to you."
"If it ain't one thing it's another." Miranda sighed and ran up to pack her suitcase.
She drove to the airport where Ben's jet was and texted him when she got on. He told her what hospital they were at and wished her a safe flight. After about five hours Miranda had finally landed and a private car picked her up. They drove to the hospital and when she got there she went to the waiting room and found Ben.
"What happened." Miranda ran up to Ben and gave him a hug.
"He had a heart attack at work, so they had to go in and put a stint in." He hugged her back and laid his head on her shoulder.
Ben's parent's hadn't arrived at the hospital yet because they were on vacation in the Bahamas and had to catch a quick flight. A few minutes later, a girl that looked around eighteen walked out of the bathroom.
"Who are you?" The girl curled her nose up at Miranda.
"I'm Miranda, Ben's girlfriend. Who are you?" She crossed her arms with an attitude.
"Deja chill out, I invited her." He calmed his sister.
"I'm sorry, I don't usually act like this but with my brother having a major surgery it's got my nerves up."
"Honey it's okay, I am a surgeon so I know what families are like under circumstances like these."
"Well can you tell me if Curt is going to be okay." Deja sat on the waiting room couch.
"Most of the time it's a routine surgery but it always depends on the patient." Miranda held Deja's hand and talked her through the surgery.
A little while later two surgeons came in with their heads held low and Miranda already knew what they were about to say. It was the gut wrenching speech she learned her first day on the job.
"I'm so sorry, we did everything we could but he just went into cardiac arrest and there was nothing we could have done about. Again I am sorry for y'all s loss and if we can do anything please let us know."  The surgeon took off his scrub cap and watched and Ben and Deja fell to the couch.
Miranda started to tear up because she had met Curt and knew that he was a wonderful guy. She comforted Ben and his sister by rubbing their backs and hugging them close.

~1 week later~
"First of all I just want to think everyone for coming today and that if you knew my brother he was definitely something. Even though he was older and I know I got on his nerves he always loved when I was around even though he would never admit it. We were always together especially on the basketball court, he's the one who taught me to have love for the game but gosh he was so inspirational. He always had words of encouragement and would always listen to me whenever I needed to get something off my chest. From my first crush in kindergarten to getting recruited by Gonzaga to play basketball and to finally meeting the love of my love, Miranda Bailey. Curt was my rock and I'm sure he was many peoples but he will always be the best brother and supporter." Ben read his eulogy to everyone at his brothers funeral.
At the end of the funeral, many people came to talk with Ben and his family about Curt or other things. Miranda noticed Ben had walked off, so she followed him and found him hiding behind a tombstone. She sat beside him and put his and on her thigh.
"Come here." She pulled him over to where his head laying in her lap.
"I'm sorry but this is so hard, that was my best friend."
"Don't apologize, that was your brother and you are allowed to grieve however you need to. I love you and will always be here for you."
"I love you too." Ben replied them Miranda leaned down and kissed his forehead.