018

"miles, i didn't do this." calvin whispered firmly towards his best friend who was sitting infront of him.

they were in the interrogation room and calvin's hands were cuffed on the table between them.

"i know. pero bakit naman ikaw yung pinagbibintangan nila?"

"i don't know. hindi ko rin alam kung saan nila nakuha yung impormasyon na 'yun pero wala akong ginawang masama."

"i'll look for answers, cal. they can't do this to you."

as if on cue, the door suddenly opened and chase entered the room.

"you may leave, miles. it's late. go get some rest."

miles obliged and went out the room after giving calvin one last glance. meanwhile, chase sat infront of calvin to begin the interrogation.

"where were you during the night when elijah was reported to be missing?"

"look, chase, this is totally useless kasi wala namang–"

"i said where were you, calvin?"

calvin sighed. "sunset hills. doon ginanap yung race. it was part of my mission kaya i was there. you know that, chase."

"why did you bring elijah with you? he wasn't part of the mission, is he?"

"he wanted to."

"at sinama mo naman?"

"he's my friend. bakit hindi?"

"or maybe... you only agreed to take de dios to the race so you could abduct him easily. tama ba?"

calvin sighed once again.

"where did you even get this information?"

"answer the question."

"who told you this, huh? bakit ang dali lang sa inyong maniwala na kaya kong gawin 'yon?"

"just answer the fucking question, calvin!" chase then slammed her hands on the table, snapping at calvin.

calvin stood up as well, leveling with chase. "i didn't do anything! ilang beses ko bang uulitin sa'yo?! wala akong kinalaman sa kung ano mang binibintang niyo sa'kin!"

"you abducted and harrassed elijah de dios, calvin. you did!"

"fuck naman, i said i didn't! i'm getting framed here, chase!"

"where's your proof then?"

"no, where's YOUR proof?" silence suddenly filled the room as calvin asked that question.

his eyes were burning with rage as he panted, looking straight into chase's eyes.

"where's your fucking proof, chase?" calvin's voice cracked a bit due to the intensity of how he spoke earlier.

"you want proof? alright."

chase opened the door and a guy walked in, totally leaving calvin in shock.

"keith..." calvin whispered.

keith was with dan, their lieutenant, who stood by the door to observe on the situation.

"sit down." chase told keith and he obliged, sitting infront of calvin who was still standing up.

cal suddenly felt his knees getting wobbly at the sight of his friend and he sat down, looking straight into keith's eyes.

"now, keith paulo nase. where were you the night that elijah was reported to be missing?"

keith cleared his throat before speaking. "i was in sunset hills kasi doon ginanap yung race. i was with cal and miles as a part of calvin's mission."

"and where was elijah?"

"he was with us. magkakasama kaming apat bago nag-umpisa yung race. but humiwalay na silang dalawa ni calvin when the race was about to start."

calvin felt the sides of his eyes heating up. he couldn't believe that his friend was testifying against him.

"and where did they go?"

keith shrugged. "i don't know. but at around 11 pm, calvin told us that elijah was missing."

"and what did you do?"

"we uhm... we helped calvin... to look for elijah."

"did you guys find him?"

"no."

silence.

silence filled the room after that and calvin could only look into keith's eyes, fighting the urge to let his tears fall. he didn't know what keith was thinking and why was he doing that.

"keith, what the fuck are you doing..." calvin whispered as a tear fell down from his left eye.

keith breathed deep, "but it's just a bit weird though..." he started.

"what's weird?" chase asked.

keith looked back at calvin and spoke as his gaze burned on him.

"calvin never let elijah leave his side. they were together the whole night, so how could he be taken by anybody else?"

seems like all the blood in calvin's body rushed down to his feet after hearing what keith said.