020

getting out of calvin's apartment was easier than he and miles have thought. cal went through the vents so the officers wouldn't see him while miles waited for him in the parking lot with their "getaway motorbike". of course, these two are police agents as well that's why they know how to escape such places.

"sure ka bang sa ospital tayo didiretso? ayaw mo ba muna i-text si elijah?"

cal shook his head, "'di na. suprise ko nalang." and he chuckled.

"talagang masusurprise 'yun gago ka ba tumakas ka eh nakakulong ka nga."

"wala naman kasi akong ginawang masama. bakit ako magi-guilty?"

after a few more minutes, they have arrived at the hospital and calvin mentally cursed when he saw some policemen at the entrance of the lobby. he and miles looked away, making sure that the police won't see their faces while miles continued driving 'til they reached the parking lot.

"did they really heighten the security in this hospital because of what happened? ano bang akala nila, pupunta ka dito and will harm elijah?"

calvin just shrugged.

"mag-ingat ka dun sa loob, calvin. tumawag ka agad sa'kin 'pag may nangyari."

"yes, boss. kakausapin ko lang naman yung crush ko– aray!" calvin complained when miles suddenly hit his head.

"seryoso ako, calvin stell ajero. umayos ka. bilisan mo at baka malaman pa nung mga pulis doon sa condo mo na tumakas ka."

calvin smiled, offering his hand infront of miles. they could be really chaotic most of the time but he knows their friendship is the most genuine thing that will ever happen in his life. "thanks, man." and miles accepted it, giving cal a high-five before they walked together to enter the hospital.

due to calvin's frequent visits to that hospital, he already knew that there's no one guarding the entrance on the second floor, by the parking. but since the security was heightened because of him, there were two security officers by the entrance.

"shit naman." calvin covered his face further with his baseball cap.

"i'll distract them while you make your way carefully. got it, chief?" miles said and calvin nodded.

it was easy for miles to distract the two guards because they recognized him as a police in the Tri-City Bay Police Department. in no time, calvin was already making his way to elijah's office.

luckily, there were only a few police officers inside the building so he got to the office safely, without being followed by anyone.

calvin carefully twisted the doorknob, still looking around for suspicious activities, and got in. it wasn't locked and no one was inside.
he was only able to heave a sigh of relief when he noticed how messy the table was, which means that elijah is alive and that he had been working there.

it's been two months and he never got an update about elijah's well-being.

calvin looked around, carefully touching the beautiful ornaments that elijah keeps in his office. he always does that whenever he would visit eli and the younger would always find it endearing, for some unknown reason.

it's been seven months since they met and a lot has happened already but their favorite part of each day would always be to see and hang out with each other.

it was no secret that they like each other and it was because of calvin's consistent bold remarks of telling elijah that he likes him. elijah was very reluctant at first but as they got to know each other more, he had learned to accept the affection that calvin was giving him and realized that it was all genuine, no doubt.

calvin was still busy looking at the ornaments when he suddenly felt a thick and heavy book hit his head harshly.

"aray!" he winced in pain as he felt a bit dizzy and leaned his body against the wall beside him.

"sino ka?! what are you doing in my office?!"

elijah's reaction was understandable because calvin was wearing an all-black outfit and a black cap which... well... makes him look like a robber or something.

"ow..." calvin removed his cap and rubbed the top of his head, still leaning against the wall and keeping his head low.

of course, elijah immediately recognized that brunette-haired man and even though he was still confused on how calvin managed to get to the hospital, his body seemed to have a mind on its own and moved closer to the other.

"stell..." elijah's voice cracked as he went to wrap his arms around calvin's neck, leaning in closer until their bodies touched.

calvin knows that elijah wasn't one to be physically clingy which is why he treasures it the most when the younger clings to him like this.

he smiles as he wraps his arms around elijah's waist, pulling him even closer.

they just want to be as close to each other as possible.

"god, i missed you, eli. you have no idea how worried i was." calvin whispered as he rubs elijah's back, who was already crying on his shoulder.

elijah pulled away and suddenly punched calvin's chest.

"nakakainis ka! bakit hinayaan mo lang sila na ikulong ka? i know what happened. wala kang kasalanan, calvin! i was so worried, you have no idea as well!" tears started to form on the corners of elijah's eyes and calvin's heart ached for him, in a good way.

he cupped eli's cheeks gently, immediately calming the younger down. he pulled him close until their foreheads touched and stayed like that for a few moments.

calvin then pulled away to look into elijah's eyes.

"what did they do to you? sinaktan ka nila diba? how did it happen?" he continuously asked. elijah pulled him to sit on the couch so they could talk properly.

"uhm... after i texted you na nasa CR ako, palabas na sana ako nun para balikan ka but then someone covered my mouth and nose with a handkerchief. it had a weird smell tapos nawalan ako ng malay and the next thing i felt was being punched by a guy which woke me up. they brought me into an abandoned place. uhm, hindi ko alam kung saan. i tried my best to remember but it was so dark and i just couldn't-"

"it's okay, eli. just tell me what you remember." calvin's voice was soft but the expression on his face changed. he was already getting angry but he was containing himself.

elijah held calvin's hands, rubbing his thumbs on it to calm him down before he went on.

"i didn't actually understand why they were hurting me. they just kept on saying na panira daw ako sa mga plano nila. well... i don't really know what that meant."

"did you see who they were?" calvin asked and eli shook his head.

"i wish i did but it was too dark and there were three of them..." elijah's hands were trembling as tears formed in his eyes once again.

calvin was quick to pull him in a hug and comfort him once again.

"i'm scared, stell..."

"i know. natatakot din ako para sa'yo, eli. i can't take it if they hurt you again. sana ako nalang. i would be able to take the pain for you."

"no, you don't have to. kaya ko rin lumaban, stell. you're not alone in this fight."

calvin smiled. "together, alright?"

eli nodded and smiled, "together."

they talked for a few more minutes when suddenly, calvin's phone rang. he received a message from miles.