[13]

"Hawks, did you seriously chose to intern Tokoyami because he looks like a bird?" i asked him.

"no offense," i added, looking to the boy.

"none taken."

"_____," the hero drug out my name like a child.

"i mean- look at his birdy!" Hawks pointed to Dark Shadow.

i sighed deeply while Tokoyami held a face of fear and confusion. the hero was absolutely infatuated with my classmate and his quirk. he was acting like a fangirl.

"i'm sorry about him, Tokoyami. he gets excited," i told him.

"you two seem to know each other," he droned.

Hawks and i froze hearing that. he was aware that i hadn't told anybody about the incident, but he was also aware that he was a terrible liar.

"yeah, he saved my life about a year ago from a break in," i fibbed.

Hawks let out a breath and scratched the back of his head.

"yeah," the hero droned.

i felt pressure on my back. turning, i expected it to be my quirk, but was met with Tokoyami's instead.

"hi, Dark Shadow," i mumbled.

it cooed when i spoke to it.

"forgive him, Yurei. he seems to have taken some kind of liking toward you," the bird boy spoke.

i awe'd out loud and scratched it's beak.

"hey, no fair!" Hawks yelled at me.

———

"i gotta go. there's trouble in Hosu," Hawks stated.

"Hosu?" i questioned, "that's 14 hours away from here."

"with my wings, its only about 30 minutes," he winked.

i rolled my eyes at him.

"can i go?" i asked him.

Tokoyami had already went to bed, claiming he needed to rest up his quirk. Hawks looked like he really didn't want my company.

"c'mon, you know you want to take me with you," i teased.

———

"Stain," i spat.

the villain turned his gaze to me and his eyes widened.

Midoriya and Iida were paralyzed from his quirk, a hero lay against the wall with a large laceration in his shoulder.

Todoroki stood next to me, sending out a burst of fire to move the man from Iida.

he made a slope of ice to bring the three boys behind him, while i went ghost. i snuck behind Stain, cautiously. before i could do anything, he launched to Todoroki.

thankfully, he moved back defensively from a shot of fire, and i landed a hard roundhouse kick to his stomach. he was caught off guard and hunched over, so i moved behind him.

he threw two blades toward Todoroki, a slim sword and a dagger. he turned to face me, but was shocked.

"come on out, little _____," he urged, looking around for me.

Todoroki shot ice through the ground toward Stain, but the Hero Killer shattered it with his blades. he spoke to my classmate, distracting him, and Todoroki had two throwing knives stuck in his forearm.

i took my chance and grabbed the man by the back of his shirt, forcefully slinging him around and throwing him on the ground. i stomped on his chest with my foot twice, before reappearing.

face to face with the Hero Killer: Stain.

his eyes flashed with horror, seeing my current state. my wet hair hung onto his face. water from my clothes dripped onto his own. the scar on my left cheek reopened, but spilled no blood, as a bit of purple bruising pooled underneath it.

i smiled at his face. he looked terrified, just as he should be. i could feel his breath on my face and i chuckled.

"i'm back," i growled.

i went ghost again and backed off of him. he tried to get up, but was sent down into the ground again by Midoriya's overpowered punch.

Todoroki, Midoriya, and i regrouped for a quick moment, coming up with somewhat of a plan. basically, we were going to hold off until the heroes got here. i would have gladly carried the injured hero, then Iida to safety.

the problem was that i did not have the strength for that. i didn't realize that just because my quirk did all the work that i would have to be physically strong. i'll take note of that.

maybe Katsuki could show me his workout routine. he's jacked.

Midoriya jumped from wall to wall while Todoroki sent attacks from his ice and fire. i stuck through the cluttered ice while being in ghost mode, trying to get some close range action.

my freckled classmate was hit and thrown into a wall. Stain approached him, unsheathing his long blade. i looked back to Todoroki. he wouldn't be any help, he couldn't even see what was going on.

-

Midoriya closed his eyes, ready for Stain's attack. he couldn't dodge it, he was too flustered at the moment. he didn't even have a second to think.

"Midoriya!" his female classmate called to him.

he opened his eyes and screamed.