Chapter 5 (The Grid)

*Author's Note: Like the previous chapter, I decided to focus in on both Riku's and Nyra's Point of View. Here's the link for Sora's side of the story (fanfiction.net/s/8404239/4/Kingdom-Hearts-Dream-Drop-Distance-Sora-s-Story) This chapter may contains strong language or other matters that may scare or is not suitable for a younger reader, viewer discretions is advised.*

~~~KH~~~

Nyra's POV

When I first arrived in the Sleeping World, I felt a sudden jolt that left me gasping a bit. I looked around, seeing that this one is more electrical with blue circuits before noticing that my outfit has been replaced by a new attire covered in the same blue circuits as the surrounding. I wondered if this world is special as brought my hand to feel my hair have been tucked into an up-do, when the Dream Eaters appeared before me; even they look electrical! I brought myself into a defensive stance as I prepare to deal with them until these men wielding red batons appeared and vanquished the Dream Eaters for me, much to my annoyance.

They then turned to face me, "Identify. State your handle, program." They demanded in unison. "It's Nyra." I replied, not liking these "men" one bit. "Verifying handle "Nyra"... Handle not found. Another stray program recognized." The men replied as they begin to march towards me! I tensed up again, preparing to fight when an impressive-looking vehicle drove up in front of me. A door opened to reveal a woman with short black hair at the wheel, "Get in." she ordered me; knowing better than to have her repeat, I got in and she drove away, leaving those men far behind us. "I'm Quorra." She added, offering her hand out to me. "Nyra." I replied as I accept her hand and shook it, "Where am I anyways?" I asked her. "We're on the Grid." Quorra answered as we drove towards an unknown destination.

~~~KH~~~

Riku's POV

When I first arrived in the Sleeping World, I felt a sudden jolt that left me gasping a bit. I looked around, seeing that this one is more electrical with blue circuits before noticing that my outfit has changed to a new attire covered in the same blue circuits as the surrounding. "My clothes...Is this world special?" I wondered as I examined myself before a light shine down on me, causing me to look up to see some sort of aircraft. As it begin to land in front of me, I looked back to see two men carrying some sort of red batons walking towards me. I look back to the aircraft to see it opening and reveal two more of the same "men", having me surrounded. The two in front of me stepped towards me and grabbed my arms, "Another stray." They stated at the same time before attempting to pull me to the aircraft. I quickly pulled my arms free and started walking towards it willingly, apparently confusing them.

The aircraft then took off again the second my feet have been locked in place, "Are you a prisoner?" a male voice to my left asked, causing me to turn my head to see a young man in his late twenties. "Yeah. It looks that way." I answered him, "Name's Sam." He introduced. "I'm Riku. Where are we, Sam?" I asked after introducing myself, "We're on the Grid." Sam replied as the aircraft continue to take us to an unknown destination.

~~~KH~~~

Nyra's POV

After a while, Quorra stopped her Light Runner in front of some sort of coliseum before the two of us got out and. "I need to find a User by the name of Sam Flynn and I heard that he's in the games." She explained to me before turning toward the building, "Maybe I can help, Quorra." I offered, surprising her. "I figured I can return the favour. And besides, two sets of eyes are better than one." Quorra smiled, "Thanks. We need to sneak in first; there's should be an opening that isn't guarded." She added as we looked around. I noticed that some of the walls are climbable with a few ledges. "Quorra, we should try scaling that wall over there." I pointed out, causing her to look at the wall with the ledges. Quorra nodded in understanding as we ran over to the wall and began our scale.