3. a little bit late

AFTER FINDING HER TARGET, Y/n returned to her apartment. While she was getting dressed, one of her suits was on the white bedsheets. No television was present in the room for some reason, nor was there a phone, things were either white or dark brown, with cream-coloured walls.

Her eyes briefly shifted to the tracker, which showed that Steve was on his way to his hotel room. After gazing down at her uniform for a moment, she glanced over at her tracker which was functioning well.

Before beginning to change, Y/n removed her shirt. It was a long-sleeved red bodysuit that covered the neck as well as the cleavage of the young woman. Her wrists were adorned with black widow gauntlets.

On activation, these products emit a red glow and allow their users to electrocute their enemies.

She wore a black belt around her waist that had a black widow symbol in the centre of it. In addition to the black zipper, the bodysuit was zipped all the way up, showing her curves and so on. Her thighs were covered with holsters that wrapped around her. She carried pistols as well as Black Widow's Bite, which is an electroshock weapon.

Her back was covered with Widow's Banton's, which are electroshock stick weapons. Electroshock is the effect that the batons have corresponding to the Black Widow's Bite. She wanted to keep an eye on Steve knowing that James would try and get in contact with him. 

While Y/n was exiting the window escape, it was dusk. She climbed down the ladders, jumped down on her feet, and then climbed up the ladder again. During the night, the streets were more empty, and the street lights and buildings reflected brightly on Y/n as she walked the streets. She looked down at the phone, in her hand while making her way towards Steve Roger's apartment room. 

Y/n quickly got onto a motorbike, that was on before riding it down the streets. Though she had no idea who it was, it was the only method of getting to her destination quickly. There were police sirens on the roads as she sped down the highway. Her head was turned just before the vehicle began to drive past her towards the hotel room. 

She lean forward and increases the power of the motorbike before it accelerates, quickly reaching Steve's unit to see police patrolling it; in the distance, she saw Nick Fury emerge on a gurney. 

He completed his mission

Y/n looked at the red and blue lights as they glared in her eyes, she got off her bike in the distance so she could see what was happening. "General," Y/n said, holding her hand up to her ear as she awaited a response on her coms, the one she held in her bag, that lead directly to Dreykov. 

"Yes, nightshade....do you have any new information?" 

"Убийство Ника Фьюри было осуществлено Зимним Солдатом, и теперь его нет..." Y/n spoke, looking around at people recording and gathering around about everything that just happened. 
(The assianation of Nick Fury was carried out, by the Winter Soldier, and now he is gone-)

"No, no" Dreykov replied quietly, as Y/n glanced around to make sure nobody was watching them, "You will be returning to the Red Room before his mission is completed...maybe we can pay an old friend of mine and yours a visit and catch up."

Y/n nodded her head, while holding her ear still, "Da" She simply said before letting go and looking around, Quickly she noticed Steve Rogers who was in the distance. He turned around to see her standing behind the group of people filming while he was talking to a cop. 

"Hold on," Steve spoke, before holding his shield and pushing through the crowd. People took pictures of him, while he moved past people and once he got to the empty part of the crowd. Yn was gone, he looked around not seeing anyone anymore, just people looking at him. 

He cocked his head around trying to see someone, but Y/n was nowhere to be seen.

📍 BETHESDA, MARYLAND

While entering the hospital, a woman with red hair asked a nursing staff member where Fury was. The nursing staff member responded that he was currently under an operation. It is unclear as to why the nurse did not spare her another glance prior to entering the room. 

Steve and Maria were already there, and Maria was speaking on her phone and watching Fury from the other room while Steve leans against the glass. Consequently, they joined hands on either side of the glass. "Is he gonna make it?" Natasha trembled slightly.

She was Y/N's sister, and she was the one who managed to be freed. 

"I don't know," Steve sighed, looking through the glass. In addition, a paper surrounded his chest as blood surrounded it as he lay on the bed. During this time, the doctors examined and attempted to assist in extracting the bullet. 

While watching the doctors, Natasha asked, "What about the shooter?". 

Seeing his arms crossed in front of him, Steve simply said, "He's fast. He's strong. He has a metal arm.". 

Natasha raised her head while looking at Steve before shaking her head and looking forward again. "Ballistics?" Natasha inquired, observing Maria at her side. Steve was considering telling her about the women or not, with Nick previously telling him to not trust anyone. 

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Maria informed.

"There was a woman..." Steve finally said, catching the two's attention while looking at Nick's body, through the glass. "She followed me, yesterday...Before the attack, on him....then she was at the scene today, but she just disappeared like a ghost..." 

"She was following you?" Natasha asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Without you knowing?"

"She's like a ghost-" Steve repeated, "Wearing Red...I think she had something to do with this, maybe helping the guy with the arm-"

"Red?" Natasha repeated, thoughts flowing through her mind while she furrowed her eyebrows. Steve nodded his head, looking back down at her. 

"Soviet-made," Maria said, causing Natasha to slowly nod looking back at the glass. 

"Yeah" Steve muttered. 

All of the nurses suddenly started to walk faster and move faster than they did the last time. "He's in V-tach," The male nurse said grabbing two machines and connecting them to Nick. 

Natasha looked into the glass as she muttered to herself, "Please don't leave me, Nick." She muttered as she stared into the glass with glossy eyes. It was evident that everyone watched with interest as the doctors grabbed the defibrillator and placed it on Fury's chest, hoping that he would jolt back and open his eyes, but no action was taken. 

They stopped before looking at each other, "Pulse?" A doctor asked. 

Another said, "No pulse.". 

All three of them watched through the window with horror and sadness in their eyes. "Okay, 200, please. Stand Black!" He repeated rubbing them together and placing them back on Nick's chest. "Three, two, one. Clear!" 

When the doctors realized that they could not save him, Natasha's cheeks swelled up with tears as she studied the scene. As she gazed at the man who saved her life, she experienced an overwhelming sense of loss. 

"What time is it?" the doctor asked. 

"1;03" 

"Time of death, 1;03" The three of them heard from the other side. Steve stared at Natasha as she stared at Nick's dead body, shaking her head in anger and sorrow gradually.