Chapter 4

The next morning I woke up early I couldn't sleep much I need to find out the truth. I know my curiosity will kill me one day but after knowing the truth at least I'll die peacefully. I did my morning routine I tried to call Chloe but she didn't pick up I'll speak with her after I reach the school. If there's some ghost at the mansion or worse aliens we need some weapons with us to fight against them.

For weapons I get cross and the Holy Bible will work too I guess, I don't know what to go against if it's aliens so I just took pepper spray and a pocket knife with me. Yes, now I'm ready to go.

Once I reached the school playground I tried to call Chloe again she didn't pick up.
I even texted her but there's no reply. now I'm worried why she didn't pick up my call?. She has never done that before is she ok? Quickly I dialed Mrs. Johnson's (Chloe's mom) number after 4 rings she finally picked up "hello Lily" she said
"Hi Mrs. Johnson, is Chloe at home? I have called her many times but she's not answering, so I was just worried is she ok?"
"she's not feeling well today she has a slight fever so she's not coming to school today but you don't have to worry she will be fine soon," Mrs. Johnson said. "Ok Mrs. Johnson, but can you please tell her to call me when she is awake" "yeah sure" after that she hung up.

How can I stop worrying, because of yesterday's incident she is sick now. But what should I do now?  I was thinking about going there Alone or not that's when the bell rang and I go to my first class English.

After school I made my decision I will go to the mansion Alone, I have my weapons with me I will take revenge on it, no one can mess with my best friend. Even I can prove to Chloe that I'm not a scardy cat. I'm a brave tigress.

With full of confidence, I took my steps towards the mansion. The more I get closer to the mansion get nervous more and more. I'm feeling like I'm watching some horror movie in which the main actress got herself killed because of her stupid decision.

Uhh don't think negatively, everything will be fine. After chanting every prayer I know I finally reach the mansion gate. I saw from outside it looks creepy just by looking at it, it gives me the chills through my spine, the mansion surrounded by dead trees and plants, that one tree with branches looks like arthritic fingers that towered around the whole mansion.

I gulp hard and push the gate open Before me, was a sight many would hope to forget. It was heavily dilapidated. Icicles were hanging down from the roof like frozen teeth bared by a cold and heartless beast. A thick blanket of dust also lay still on top of the roof. At that moment I felt a breeze come from behind me, warm and moist, brushing my ear like moist, brushing my ear like a stalker's breath. The entrance looked like a cavernous mouth, whilst the windows seemed to be dark, staring eyes. I took a few cautious steps forward, avidly awaiting any surprise or sudden movement. The air shimmered, and my eyes unwillingly shot a glance at one of the windows it all was closed with dusty glass I didn't see anyone how Chloe told me. But this will give me nightmares for many days. Suddenly I hear loud vibration I got scared of sudden movement but it was my phone. I dare to pick up my call and I saw the name on the screen it was my mom
"Hello," I said trying to act Normal
"Lily where are you?" My mom asked
"I am at school mom why?" I asked
"I came early today from the hospital and what are you doing at school at this time? Your school time is over about an hour ago. Did you get detention?"  She asked angrily.
"No mom, I have a group project which I was discussing with my classmates now we are leaving, I'll come home soon" I lied
"Ok do you want me to pick you up, it's getting late?" She asked worriedly
"No mom it's fine, one of my classmates will drop me," I said
"As you say but don't take too long" after that she hung up.

I drop my plan I'll come again later but now I have to leave, I turn around to leave this horrible mansion behind that's when I bump hard into the wall. I lost my balance and was ready to fall on the muddy ground because of the sudden impact but somehow I manage my self from getting my clothes muddy. I finally look up to see where is this wall suddenly came from.

Once I looked up I see the most handsome man I have ever seen in my whole life. He stood at least six feet tall, Messy hair gracing the top of his head. He looks devilishly handsome and his green eyes are cherry on the cake. If looks could kill I would be dead by now. His face looks hard. Ohh I realized I'm just checking him out shamelessly.

"What are you doing here?" The handsome man asked me.

"Umm. " I don't have any answers what should say? I couldn't say anything I just shake my head.

"Don't you see the board outside the gate?" He pointed out at the board 'it's private property, no trespassing' of course I didn't see that before, you dumbhead but I didn't say that loud.

He raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms waiting for my answer while all I do is stare open-mouthed, at how gorgeous he is,
I mentally shake my head, get a grip girl! He's going to think you are mentally challenged!

"I.i.i. am sorry I didn't see the board" I said stuttering, "wait, then who are you asking me this question?" I said realizing that it was an abandoned mansion. then who is he? Is he the ghost of this mansion? He doesn't have red eyes how Chloe said he must be an alien.