Chapter 7

Our eyes meet, he was standing so close to me. He bent down and pick up the book that I dropped and hand it to me. While I was just looking at him blankly. I can't believe what my eyes
"You. A Ghost?" I asked without thinking as if he will say yes I'm the ghost of Merel Manor. Be aware of me.
"Excuse me" he answered blankly.
"Who are you?" I asked again. Impatiently waiting for his answer.
"Too curious to know about me huh?" He said. While smiling. Wait it wasn't a smile, it was a smirk.
"Umm. I'm just trying to make a conversation." I said I can't call him a ghost every time I see him.
"I'm Lily by the way" without realizing I held out my hand to shake. Ohh stupid lily what are doing shaking hands with a ghost.
He was looking at my forward hand. Didn't say anything like he wasn't expecting. Now I'm feeling embraced. I was about to drop my hand. That's when his hand touches my hand. And shake gently and said
"I'm Drevon" his hand feels so cold yet so perfect to my small hand. Chills spread all over my body from his touch. 'Drevon' I repeat his name. The word sounds so foreign. His eyes narrowed at my lips.
"What are you doing here?" I ask, aren't the ghost can't escape the place where they die or something.
"What do you think people do at the library?" He questions back to me. I narrow my eyes at his sarcasm. Since when do the ghosts need a book to read?. I didn't say this aloud though.

He stepped forward but I stand my ground. I am not afraid of him at least I try not to show him. we are so close that our bodies are only a few inches apart. He was a foot taller than me. I feel so small under his gaze. He looks down And sniffs my hair. an involuntary shudder ran down my spine. Who does that? I look up to meet his gaze. Instantly regret it. I saw his eyes get darker than before. I'm getting a weird vibe from him. His closeness is so intimidating. I can't stand it any longer.

"I.i.i. should leave now I'm getting late, b. bye," I stutter. feeling like I'm his prey and he is my predator. In no time I will be his meal. I had many questions I want to ask but I choose not to. I turn around to leave as quickly as my legs allow me.

"See you later, LILY.." he said emphasizing the word, Lily. I turn around to look at his waving slash taunting hand. I run fast towards my home. Hoping he wouldn't follow me.

After running for almost 15 minutes I finally reached home safely. I try to calm my breath. I don't have an athlete body. I don't remember ever running so much before. Once I calm my breathing I knock on the door. My mom opens it. When she sees me her expression changes, Uhh ohh, I'm in trouble I guess.

"You are late again LILY BARLOWE" she shouts at me. She only says my full name when she's really mad. I'm in deep trouble today.
"Answer young lady, I'm talking to you. What makes you come home at 8 p.m? When Your dear friend Chloe was reached home at 7"
She asked.
"Whom are you talking to?" I heard my dad's voice from behind the door. When he sees me at the doorstep. He asks my mom what happened.
"Your sweet daughter is late.. " before my mom says something I interrupt.
"I was at the library dad, to return my books.  I was about to leave but the librarian told me some new collection of fiction books have arrived and I couldn't stop myself to give it a look and.." I say everything in one breath. I am about to spill all the beans but I stopped myself. Waiting for my mom and dad to say something.
"And, You lose the track of time. Right?" My dad tries to complete my sentence. While I just nod my head in return. Have no energy to think about any other lies.
"I called you many times you didn't pick up once, at least you could have texted me." my mom asked angrily, I know she wouldn't drop this topic.
"My phone was on silent mode, I'm sorry mom it won't happen again I promise," I said. I'm too tired now. Only want this day to get over.
"Enough honey, she's tired now," dad says defending me.
My mom looks at me, I gave her my best pitiful look. When she sees my puppy eyes asking her mercy. She rolls her eyes. But gave up.
"Ok, fine. But it's the last time I let it pass next time you dare to come late again and you will be grounded for a month. Get it?" My mom warns me with her stern face. I said ok and went inside.

After dinner, I went to my room to take a quick shower. I turned myself into my comfy pajamas. And lay down on the bed. Finally, this day is over. My eyes are getting heavy. The last thing I remember is his dark blue eyes. I hope I will never see him again.