𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 30: TRUTH

As the saying goes, paper cannot wrap the fire, in the end, the truth will unfold itself.

I followed the group of drunk men down the streets. They noticed they have been tailed and picked up their phase, I scoffed at their actions, and without hesitation, I chase after them, do they really think they can outrun me? We ended up in a narrow alley, them panting pathetically, trying to catch their breaths.

"Wh-who the fuck are you? Why are you following us?" the man in the middle asks, head still facing the ground with both his hands pressed on his slightly bend thighs.

I look down at him as if I am looking at trash, not answering his question. After realizing he was ignored, the man got irritated and raised his head to meet my cold glare, his eyes widened when he saw my familiar face

"YOU!"

"Oh, so you remember me?" I raised my eyebrows and said nonchalantly

"Oi Masaki, do you know her?" one of his friends asked in confusion.

"So your name is Masaki..."I mumbled before shifting my gaze to the man standing beside him

"Scram, he's the only one I want"

"Oi, who do you think you are talking to huh?" one of his friends was pissed by my attitude and walked up to me, before he could grab me I lean back, and when he was close enough, I grabbed onto his arm and twisted it 360 degrees, noises of his bones fractured was audible, his loud screams echoed through the silent alley.

"Oi? Do you think I'm your friend?" I leaned closer and questioned with an intimidating tone that is enough to send shivers down his spine. The sound of footsteps coming from behind caught my attention, it was the other man charging toward me. I let out a sigh and swung the man in my hand to hit the other causing their bodies to collide, within seconds they both end up on the ground. I stepped over their bodies towards Masaki that is currently hovered at the corner, pathetic enough not to run when he had the chance, oh well that won't make any difference either...

"Now, let's have a little chat shall we?" a devilish smirk made its way to my lips causing the man to gulp.

"Let's cut to the chase. How did get my information?" I went straight to the point

"What information? I don't know what you are saying" the man yelled

"Trying to play dumb with me now huh?" I reach for my pockets to pull out my handgun, smoothly clicking because of how many times I've done it and raised it to the air and fired two shots

*BANG BANG

"Better answer my question wisely or else the third bullet is going straight through your skull"  

"I...I r-really have no idea what you are talking about miss! " The man burst into tears before getting on his knees, palms pressed against each other begging for mercy

"You are the one who gave my information to Mikey and ordered your men to attack me!" I got frustrated and raised my voice, why is he acting so innocent right now?!  

"W-ait, w-what? Attack you? I can never! Sano Manjiro made it very clear that if I laid hands on you he will hunt me down" the man quickly explained. My brows furrowed listening to what he said, I narrowed my eyes to observe his face, it doesn't seem like he is lying...

I slowly lower the gun "Tell me everything..."

Walking out of the alley, every step I take felts heavier and heavier. My head hurts but it was no comparison to the aching pain I feel in my heart. 

So... it was all a lie...

My mind is still trying to process what Masaki had said, that he wasn't the one who dig up my true identity, and he isn't the one who ordered the attack, it was Sanzu...