The Fifth Month

Linc studied and worked. He actually moved into a regular room that wasn't a cell. He was no longer locked in. He enjoyed his time in the gym, learning to control his movement. He was determined to master it.

It wasn't that much different than being a hunter. He already had some vampire traits. This was just more extreme. He worked hard and thought about Gray. Nichole watched his progress. She was impressed.

He had vampire classes also. The study and history of vampires. He had to learn the rules for how to behave. A lot of it was common sense but he knew from experience that it wasn't common. They practiced how to interact with humans. Nichole was monitoring his progress closely.

"Well, I think you are ready if you want to try meeting a human." Nichole smiled.

"Really?" Linc smiled. "I would love to, who?"

"Did you have someone that you cared about or a significant other?" Nichole figured he had to. He was gorgeous. Some woman out there was waiting for him.

"I do. Can he come?" Linc just said it and wasn't phased. "Grayson, my hunting partner?"

"Well, it's better to start with someone that you wouldn't want to hurt. Like a girlfriend." Nichole smiled.

Linc sighed. "Grayson is my boyfriend." He watched the shock on Nichole's face. "Yes, I'm gay." It felt so great to just say it.

"Oh! Call him and see if he can come." Nichole nodded.

Grayson. He loved him. "Nichole, is there any chance that we can make this work?" Linc sighed.

Nichole sighed. "It will be very difficult, Linc. I don't know. Every vampire is different."

"Forget it. Uh, maybe my mom. Grayson needs to move on, I think." Linc walked off. He laid on his bed and sobbed. He was breaking up with Grayson today. He had to. He couldn't put his life on hold any longer.

He knew Grayson had been waiting for five months already. He showered and changed. He got ready to break up and move past it. He was a vampire now. Grayson was a hunter. Nothing was changing that.

Linc called and Grayson was there. "Gray."

"Linc." He heard it in Linc's voice. "It's time, huh? Fuck!" Grayson cursed everything in his head.

Linc sighed. "I think so. I will always..." He couldn't say more.

"Me too, Lincoln. Hey, you take care of yourself. You know how I will always feel." Grayson was in tears. He hung up and sobbed on his bed. Linc was gone. 

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

KISSES!!!