Explanation Of Love

Linc walked in the house and was wrapped around Grayson, who was waiting at the door. They both sighed in relief. "I missed you. My parents are here?" He could sense them.

"Yes. They wanted to get here early. They are playing poker with Emmett and Tyler. Come on." He pulled Linc with him to the living room. They sat together.

"So, how was your shopping trip, Grayson wouldn't tell us." Marcie smiled.

"We found rings." Linc stated.

"You did. May I see?" Michelle looked at her son.

Linc looked shocked. "Uh, sure. Mom. I'm sorry for all of this. None of this was to hurt you. I know how you feel about this and I'm not trying to spit on you or anything. I belong to Gray. It's tough to explain." He sighed.

Michelle sat beside him and looked at his ring. It matched Grayson's. They were gorgeous. "I'm trying to understand and be open. We decided not to judge you but to accept you. It's tough though."

"I know. I do. Gray is a wonderful man that will love me and respect me. He will take good care of me and isn't that what you said to look for?" Linc didn't want to challenge her.

Michelle inhaled. "It is but I was talking about a woman like that."

Linc laughed. "I never found a woman that interesting. I tried though. You have to know that I tried but I fell in love with Gray."

Michelle nodded. "I understand why. He stopped by and talked to us. He cares a lot about you and I could see that. I had no idea at the time that he was your...lover, but I liked him. He said he was your best friend."

Linc nodded. "He is."

Grayson leaned into Linc. "He's my best friend too. We belong to each other. Michelle, he saved my life when he was turned. I belong to him."

"I am dedicated!" Linc smiled. "I'm going upstairs to eat. I'll be back." He saw Michelle nod. "Dad, I'm glad you came." He watched his dad.

"Me too, Son." He nodded. Linc nodded. That was a hug from him. Linc walked up the stairs to Grayson's room.

Grayson closed the door. "You are lucky that I don't have parents that you have to meet!" He smiled.

Linc smiled. "If you did, they would love me!" He bit into a bag and sighed.

Grayson sat and watched Linc. "I hope so. I wasn't at the age to have the gay talk with them so I don't know. Maybe they would have been worse than your parents. I don't know." He paused. "I am taking your name."

Linc almost dropped his empty bag. "What?"

"When we get married, I am changing my name. I will be Grayson Cordova. I love how it sounds. I wrote my name and your name both ways and mine sounds better changed." Grayson sounded final.

"Linc Larsen. Linc Larsen doesn't sound terrible." Linc paused. "Grayson Cordova. Grayson and Linc Cordova. Linc and Grayson Cordova. That does sound nice!"

Grayson smiled. "I know. That and you saved me, Linc. You killed the second vampire and the first one left me for you. I lost everything when I saw him bite you! It was the worst day of my life. I love you and loved you more in that moment. I almost died that day!" Grayson wiped a tear. "I realized I was part of you."

Linc sat beside him and nodded. "I know. I'm so sorry for making you feel that way. I felt alone too. I woke up in a cell and knew I lost you. It was my worst day too. I just wanted to hold on to you. Gray, I love you and never want to lose you again!" He kissed Grayson.