Prologue- Giftless

Y/n: your nameL/n: last nameE/c: eye colorH/c: hair colorH/l: hair length M/n: moms nameD/n: dads name———————-Authors pov:The small girl with bright (e/c) eyes, (h/l) (h/c) and a cheeky smile held her mother and father's hands tightly

Y/n: your name
L/n: last name
E/c: eye color
H/c: hair color
H/l: hair length
M/n: moms name
D/n: dads name
———————-
Authors pov:
The small girl with bright (e/c) eyes, (h/l) (h/c) and a cheeky smile held her mother and father's hands tightly. They were off to the Madrigal's casita to watch Mirabel's gift ceremony. (Y/n) was very close to Mirabel because (m/n) was very good friends with Julieta.
The small girl let go of her parents hands and ran inside looking for the one and only Mirabel.
She looked everywhere for her friend unable to find her at first until she spots Julieta.
"Hola Miss Julieta! Where's Mirabel?" The sweet child asked looking up at the woman.
"She'll be out soon! She's talking to her Abuela," Julieta says gently smiling and bending down. She gave her an arepa to eat. (Y/n) took it gently and thanked her before munching away at the food.
As the minutes go by there soon came the girl with her round glasses and white dress on. Mirabel hugs her friend tightly and excitedly.
"Can you believe I get my gift today!? I'm going to make my familia so proud!" Mirabel says holding her friends hands excitedly.
(Y/n) giggles happily and held her hands gently. "You are going to have such a cool gift! I can't wait!" The girl says happily. Little did either of them know that, that wouldn't be happening tonight.
"Mirabel it's time-" Julieta says softly as she gently grabs her hand from her friends.
"W-wait can...can (y/n) walk with me...? I'm scared..." Mirabel shutters realizing all eyes will be on her little self. "Oh...of course Mija," Julieta says kissing her head before leaving the two so she can join Augustín up by Alma.

The lights soon shine on the two girls making Mirabel freeze. The (e/c) eyed girl gently grabs her hand making Mirabel calm a bit. The two began to walk up the path and steps to the door.
(Y/n) moves to the side as Mirabel puts her hands on the candle. She glanced at her friend who gave an encouraging nod and smile.
Mirabel took a deep breathe as she stares at the glowing doorway in front of her. She nervously wipes her hands before grabbing the doorknob.
Everyone fell silent as the door slowly dissolved away instead of creating a door to a room. People gasp, while Alma's face becomes worried as the candle flickers. She looks down at a upset Mirabel but there was only silence.
Mirabel only being five didn't know what she did wrong to not get a gift. Why didn't she get a gift? Why was she different? The small girl tears up before running away to hide as people panicked about the miracle dying.
(Y/n) followed after her small friend and caught up to her. She knew exactly where she liked to hide when upset. Under her bed. That's exactly where Mirabel was. "Mirabel..." (y/n) small seeet voice called out with sadness.
"Go away...Mirabel isn't here..." Mirabel says while crying under the bed.
(Y/n) pov.
I slowly got down on the ground and crawled under beside Mirabel. "Mira..." I said softly grabbing her hand. "It's ok! Don't cry!" I told her not wanting her to be sad anymore. She was my friend and I hated her being sad.
"No! I didn't get a gift," Mirabel cried and hides her face.
"Mirabel...gift or no gift! I still think you are perfect! And it's ok cause we are best friends and you don't need a gift to be best friends!" I said smiling at my friend. Mirabel sniffles. "Mi abuela is upset though..." she whimpered. I hugged her close. "That's ok! Your mamá isn't! Your abuela still loves you!" I told her. "Promise we will always be friends?" Mirabel asks while holding her pinky to me. I smiled happily and giggled as I wrapped my pinky around hers.
"I pinky promise to always be your friend!"

A/n:
I tried my best for this chapter I wasn't totally sure how to start but eh I like it! Hopefully everyone will enjoy the story! I'll definitely be making longer chapters and making the story more interesting!
-muffin