1- Family Madrigal

Y/n: your name
L/n: last name
E/c: eye color
H/c: hair color
H/l: hair length
M/n: moms name
D/n: dads name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author pov.

As the village began to wake and the Madrigal's home on the hill began to fill with the sound of music, slept a (h/c) haired girl slept. She woke up quickly to the sound of her name being called.
"(Y/n)! Dear it's time to wake up!" The girls mother shouted from down stairs. As the girl opened her eyes, she realized she could hear a familiar voice outside.
'All right, all right, relax!" Mirabel, the girl of her dreams, told the children who were asking about the gifts.
(Y/n) frantically jumped out of bed throwing on a white shirt with (f/c) butterflies embroidered on the side dont by the one and only Mirabel. Then a long (f/c) skirt with light ruffles underneath. Quickly the girl fixed her hair and ran outside seeing her friend in front of her family portrait.

"My tía Pepa, her mood affects the weather! When she's unhappy well, the temperature gets weird!" The short curly haired girl sang while holding an umbrella.
"My tío bruno-" before she continued a bunch of villagers said, "we don't talk about bruno!"
Mirabels best friend, (y/n), soon rushed over locking arms and joining in. "They say he saw the future!" (Y/n) sang and giggles softly as Mirabel was smiling ecstatic her friend remembered the song.

(Y/n)'s pov.
I couldn't help but rush out of the house to join Mirabel. She had such a wonderful voice and the girl could dance like crazy! Plus I knew I'd score some arepa points by helping her sing her favorite song.

We locked arms as we kept singing together as we get to her mom. Her mom kissed her cheek which made me giggle at Mirabel's adorable reaction. "Mom," Mirabel says embarrassed as she twirls away pulling me by my hand.
We ran through the crowd singing of course! "I know it sounds a bit fantastical and magical, But I'm part of the Family Madrigal!" Mirabel sang happily. I just followed along listening to her now I'd jump in occasionally to sing but the rest of the song was talking about her siblings and cousins.
"Now you know the family Madrigal!" Mirabel and I sang as we danced out way along the edge of the bridge. We made our way into the village ready to be done singing. "Where all the people are fantastical and magical. That's who we are in the Family Madrigal, adios!!" Mirabel said finishing off the song. She goes to turn around and drag me with her but a girl stops her. "But what's your power?" She asks

I was a bit worried. I knew Mirabel always acted like she was ok about not getting a gift but it's not true. She's cried to me many times about how she wished she got a gift. I always told her she was perfect even without a gift but she seeks her abuela's approval. That was her goal. She wanted her Abuela to recognize her as being special. In my head I've always seen her as perfect.

Mirabel was heading to the casita trying to change the subject with the children. I couldn't hold in my small laughter when she called her sister a prima donna. "You guys she told you the gifts relax," I tried to back her up as she kept heading to the casita.
"Mirabel!" Her abuela shouts from the door way. "What are you doing?" Abuela asks. Mirabel had this awkward smile. I could help but feel my stomach get butterflies, it was kinda adorable. (Photo for reference)

"They were asking about the family and-" Mirabel didn't get to finish as one of the girls shouts

"They were asking about the family and-" Mirabel didn't get to finish as one of the girls shouts. "She was about to tell us about her super awesome gift!"

I face palmed at the children's ignorance. So innocent and so naïve.
"Mirabel didn't get one," Dolores says and squeals before walking off from the door to get ready.
"You didn't get a gift?" A girl asks confused. "Hey hey now kids how about you head home?" I told them trying to sho them away. A guy came over giving her basket and just kept talking.
"Last gift ceremony was a bummer. Last one being yours that did not work," he says. "Ok ok we get it. Go," I said to the man frustrated with everyone being so inconsiderate of Mirabel and her feelings.
"If I were you. I'd be really sad," a girl said to her.
I huff frustrated. "Well I'm not my friend," Mirabel says smiling and holding the basket. "Because gift or no gift Mirabel is a Madrigal and she is perfect the way she is," I say while placing a hand on her shoulder. She smiled at me thankful I was there to back her up.
"Now Sho! You kids go home! Before the monster gets you!" I said frustrated as I ran after them making them scream and run away. I took the basket from Mirabel. "I've got it!" Mirabel pouts.
"It's ok chica~ I'm just helping," I giggled as I saw her cheeks become a light pink color. I've had a crush on her for so long but I'm to scared to tell her. Plus I don't know how that would go over with her abuela... I mean not that her familia is against that kind of stuff but their family is very traditional.

I walked in leading Mirabel in making sure no one bumped into her. I felt her hand on my shoulder and I smiled a bit.
"The piano has to be upstairs," abuela tells luisa who dropped barrels and ran past us almost knocking into us. "Careful sis," luisa says while running off. Pepa was having a freak out about the night being perfect.
"Your familia is very crazy," I whispered to Mirabel making her nod and giggle.
"The flowers!" Felix says to her trying to calm her.
"Did someone say flowers?" Isabela says as vines help her swing to the steps. Mirabel and I both rolled our eyes at her not impressed. Isabela has always had something against Mirabel and since I'm mirabels friend. I am also an issue. Oh well as long as Mirabel likes me that's all that matters to me.

Soon the sun was shining because Pepa was calming down. I looked at Mirabel who seemed annoyed of course. Isabela was the golden child and was just apparently so amazing. Isabela soon whacked us both with her hair causing flowers to explode in our faces. I spit them out as isabela made her snarky remark. "A little sisterly advice if you weren't always trying to hard you wouldn't be in the way," isabela says smugly before she began to walk off. I shake my head as I followed Mirabel to the kitchen. I set the basket on the ground and helped Mirabel set stuff in the counter. I loved the casita it was amazing.

Mirabel tried to do more then me and I knew exactly why. ".Mi vida, you okay? You don't have to over-do it," Julieta, her very pretty mother, says to her.
"I know, Mamá, I just want to do my part like the rest of the family." Mirabel says with a small huff. "Don't worry Julieta! I'm keeping an eye on her," I said with a small giggle.
Julieta smiled at me, her eyes soften. "Thank you. You have been a great friend to Mirabel since diapers. I'm glad you are here to watch over her," Julieta says. I turned around after hearing something about bee stings.
My (e/c) eyes widen as they land on Agustín who has many. Many. Many. Bee stings. He and Julieta were very much the perfect match.
Julieta soon shoved an arepa into Augustín's mouth to stop him from rambling. "Mi amor, if you ever want to talk-" she began to say.
"We have to go. The house won't decorate itself!" I said knowing Mirabel wanted out of the situation. Mirabel gently elbowed my side making me look at the casita's decorations. "Well it can! And it looks great but uh-" I didn't even get to finish before Mirabel dragged me away. I laughed softly. "I'm sorry I am no help in awkward situations!" I laughs as Mirabel shakes her head. "No you aren't. But thank you for trying," she says softly with a smile.
"But I do have some decorations to set up so I'll see you in a bit?" Mirabel smiled softly. "Yes you will!" I say and hugged her. "I better go get ready for later! Save me a dance~?" I asked with a wink. Mirabel turned a bit pink and giggles. She nods. "Anything for you bestie," Mirabel says and rushed off.
Man was she adorable. I need to woman up and tell her how I feel!

A/n: ugh I'm trying so hard not to go directly off the movie but like I love the story in the movie. And I kinda hate fan fics that make y/n like crazy powerful and shit. I'm going to add more to the story of course but like I'd I hate when every reader story y/n has some horrible life and shot. Hope y'all like it! And if you have any ideas or things you want to see happen I am more then willing to give credit and add the idea!!!

~muffin