2- Antonio's gift

Y/n: your name
L/n: last name
E/c: eye color
H/c: hair color
H/l: hair length
M/n: moms name
D/n: dads name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author pov.

The (h/c) pulled her mother and father through the crowd towards the casita like she did when she was younger.
"Slow down hija! We are not late!" (F/n) laughs as he follows along with the girl.
"I know I know but Mirabel- she'll need my support!" (Y/n) shouts over all of the noise. They soon arrived the girl rushing off to find the girl with green glasses. She made her way up some steps in the back away from everyone. She knew everything around the casita like the back of her hand.
"Mirabel?" The angelic voice calls out as she reached the door for the nursery. It soon swung open revealing Mirabel and little Antonio in his white tux.
"Hola (N/n)..." Antonio called the girl by the nickname he made for her. He was not as bubbly as normal due to nerves.

(Y/n)'s pov

I could tell he was nervous just like Mirabel was before. I looked at the gorgeous girl in front of me who nods at me. "Tell him it'll be ok! He doesn't believe me," Mirabel let out a giggle. Of course she was smiling but I knew she was hurting behind that smile.
I let out a small laugh as I got on my knees. I gently took Antonio's hand into mine and looked at his brown worried filled eyes.
"Ton...you are going to get an amazing gift. And if you for some reason that impossible thing happens and you don't. Well guess what. You are still amazing. Like I tell Mirabel. Gift or no gift you are perfect..." I said with a small wink and smile. Antonio smiled a little. He nods at me quickly before hugging me. "Thank you..." he says while holding onto me.
"We better go before the ceremony starts!" Mirabel says as she grabs Antonio's small hand. I grabbed his other hand and the three of us make our way down the steps to where Antonio's parents and siblings were waiting.
"There you are!" Felíx says with a chuckle. Antonio goes to them and Pepa began to rain. I turned to Mirabel not paying much attention to the familias moment. Mirabel has a small smile watching them.
Soon drums are hit a little then Alma began to talk.
"Fifty years ago, in our darker moment. This candle blessed us with a miracle. And the greatest honor of our family has been to us our blessings to serve this beloved community. Tonight, we come together once more as another steps into the to make us proud." She says as the drums go and the flower curtain opens and a light shines on small Antonio.
The poor boy was frozen as people clap and alma climbed up the steps waiting at the top. I nudged Mirabel curiously about what we should do. The casita tried to get him to move but he wouldn't budge.
Antonio reached his hand out to us. Mirabel looks unsure. She looks at him then to the crowd saying, "I can't.." in a hushed voice.
Antonio looks at me and Mirabel. "I need you.." Antonio says. I grabbed mirabels hand and nod. I gently pull her to Antonio in the spot light. Antonio grabs mirabels hand and then mine. Everyone looked shocked. Some even gasped.
"Let's get you to your door." Mirabel says softly. Antonio smiled a bit finally and nods. He gripped our hands tightly.
Slowly but surely we all made our way to the steps. I could tell by Mirabels face she was picturing the day that she was having her ceremony. I gave her a small nod of reassurance as the three of us took a step on to the stairs. Soon we reached to top and Antonio was holding the candle. Mirabel and I stayed to the side out of the way. I felt a hand grab mine and squeeze it. It was mirabels hand. I would never forget her touch or how delicate her hands are. Small yet perfectly fits in my hand.
I snapped out of it as a toucan flew past me. Antonio did get a gift!
"I told you it would be ok," I whispered to Mirabel who nods. Her face full of joy yet sadness.
Everyone began to go in to Antonio's room. A jaguar scooped him up and ran in. I walked in with Mirabel holding her hand.
"We need a picture! It's a great night! No it's a perfect night!" Alma says as a man get his camera ready. It's like no one even noticed Mirabel wasn't in the 'family' photo. "La familia Madrigal!" They all shouted as the camera flashed. I turned to her and it felt like time stopped.
"Don't be upset or mad at all..." I heard Mirabel sing softly.
I followed Mirabel trying to get her attention but I think time stopped for her. She was so sad. So broken. I wish I could make that feeling go away.
"I'm not fine...I'm not fine... I can't move the mountains. I can't make the flowers bloom! I can't take another night up in my room waiting on a miracle..." she sang as she looked at her family.