The Legend Re-emerges

Kanao POV: During Final Selection - The Final Night

          I was being chased by an absolutely monstrous demon! It was massive with a body made up of many arms and unlike any other demon I had encountered on the mountain it had clearly eaten well into the double digits of humans. It was simply a demon that wasn't supposed to be here. 

          "Oh your agility it reminds me so much of that fox cub yes, you will make a lovely replacement for not having one this year" It called out in its grotesque voice. "Uh I wonder if Urokodaki has even bothered to find someone new to train anymore." 

          "Urokodaki you mean the man who trained master Giyu?" I called out with out thinking.

          "Oh that must have been the one that the child with the pink hair was talking about?" It returned, "Shame to know I have missed one." What is with him how can he be so heartless I thought ducking behind a tree. "You don't really think that will protect you do you?" He said launching forward a massive arm, which I barely dodged and looked up to see it separate into multiple arms that then wrapped themselves back around his body. 

          Now I saw my chance and took it 'Flower Breathing Fifth form: Peonies of Futility'. With that I unleashed a flurry of nine consecutive attacks that flowing and weaving each of them in on themselves. It countered by sending in multiple arms too delay my attack and then out of nowhere four arms burst up from underground. I barely had enough time to jump into the air to avoid the attack. It must have thought my mobility would be hampered in the air because it sent another massive arm straight at me. Which I twisted my body in mid air so I would land on top of it and began running to decapitate him slicing of any arms he sent at me in the process. Until it grew a new hand and grabbed on firm to my feet not letting me get away leading to me getting hit by one of the multi-arm attacks sending me into a tree.  

--- the attack at about 1:25 ---

          After that attack everything became slightly fuzzy for a bit, but I could vaguely make out the shape of one of his arms coming to grab me until. 

          "Sun Breathing, First Form: Enbu," I heard a calm soft masculine voice say and suddenly the arm is chopped off by an attack vaguely reminiscent of flame breathing only it was a warmer feeling. 

          "What the hell, Ah why does it burn so much? Ah, Why can't I regenerate that limb?" the demon screamed out in pain. 

          "You poor poor boy, do not worry I am here now to end your suffering" the same calm voice said to the demon before unleashing another attack. "Sun Breathing, Second Form: Clear blue sky" the man rushed in and spun himself 360 degree and cut the demons head off easily. After that I passed out briefly before coming too seeing my savior clearly for the first time well he was bizarrely holding the hand of the dying demon. The man wore a bamboo hat that looked almost like a bowl. His hair was an unusual shade of red and I could just make out a strange mark on his fore head that resembled flames. He wore a red Haori over a pale orange colored nagagi kimono with a black umanori styled Hakama as well as a pair of zori sandals with red straps and white tabi socks. His nichirin blade was strapped to his waist and looked old but well taken care of he also sported hanafuda earrings with a depiction of the sun. Once the demon was completely gone he gave a small prayer and as fast as he arrived he was gone. 

Time skip to the morning 'The white haired one is Kanata and the black haired one is Kiriya'    

          "Welcome Back everyone," The siblings said in unison.