Chapter 11- Honesty

Time passed relatively quickly until you made it to your first doctor's appointment.

You decided to wait to announce to your close friends you were pregnant until you were further along. Chances of a miscarriage or medical issues were higher in the first trimester, so better to avoid the drama until you couldn't. For now, you will have all of your doctor's appointments with a private physician in the suburbs. If anyone speculated about recent performance or lack of public appearances, you were planning to fake illness.

It kinda surprised you that Keigo never suggested termination or the adoption route. It should have been a no-brainer from him but he seemed extremely hopeful about this situation. That was also a surprise. All of this seemed like extra effort...but Keigo had a point. Whoever wanted Dabi dead would come after you...and come after the baby. You also didn't expect to feel so protective of this baby already.

They were all you had left of him. You wanted more than anything to keep them safe.

This raised other issues to think about: who is still alive that had enough power to demand Dabi's execution under the table? Who would be the one watching you as if you were a suspect? Was everyone under this microscope? Hawks seemed especially worried about you which made you convinced someone already suspects you. If they knew Hawks had been gone on his mission for months at a time, then they would know it wasn't possible for him to be the father.

The idea of it being a one-night stand wasn't a terrible one, but again this whole situation was crafted to keep these killers off your tail. The unknown in this case could be just as dangerous since they don't know who the mystery one-night stand is. It might bring even further suspicion.

Maybe the story with the 'dad' could be that the two of you 'break up' a few months after the baby is born when the public forgets about the news amongst the normal tabloid drama. Or maybe you just got drunk and slept with a coworker? You didn't know. It was stressing you out.

Then comes the problem of what happens when they are born and when the doctors go to register their quirk in the public registry. What if they have a fire quirk?

That made you really lean into the idea of talking with Shoto about this since he isn't all that interested in ever marrying or having children of his own...but Endeavor would become involved. Oh god, the amount of joy Endeavor would radiate would be insane.

Deku maybe? His dad does have a fire quirk so it might be possible? He's just such a high-profile hero that everyone would question him about it for years. You didn't want to inconvenience him like that, especially if he wanted a family of his own.

Bakugo might actually work since he would tell prying reporters to fuck off...but you were scared to tell him the truth. He wouldn't hesitate to beat the shit out of you.

The last person you thought of might actually be someone who you wouldn't mind being in a relationship with, not that you were ready for that yet. That is if he didn't mind taking the heat for another man's baby. You'd feel like an asshole.

You sighed in your seat at the doctor's office while wearing a face mask and hat, trying to keep things casual and lowkey. Why couldn't you just have a normal pregnancy?

"Miss (y/n)? The doctor is ready for you," a sweet nurse called out to you as you sat in the waiting room with Keigo who was wearing sunglasses and a facemask to hide. His scarlet feathers were all either in the backpack he was wearing or stationed outside of the building to notify him if danger was coming. Without his wings, he looked like just a normal guy.

"Alright. Let's go," he patted your knee, soon offering his hand to help you stand up. You couldn't remember the last time you went for a check-up at a family physician. Eventually, you sat down on the weird cot that was set up with paper sheets, Keigo sitting in the guest chair on the side.