Chapter 6: Leaving Atlas

Aureo's POV:

Not long after I finished wrapping things up, Vermillion and Weiss barged in. They looked panicked.

Vermillion: Sis, tell me you've finished packing!

"I have, why?"

Weiss: Guards from the manor are on their way here, looking for you.

"Do I want to guess?"

Vermillion: After that little stunt I pulled, Jacques ordered the guards to find you so they could locate me and kill me.

"What?!"

Weiss: Vermillion told me that you know of where a cargo ship is.

"Yes. Though, we should make haste."

We then grabbed our stuff, and ran out the door. We didn't see any guards as we fled, so we were ahead of them. After about an hour, we found a cargo ship.

Vermillion: Yes! Sis, thank you so much! How can I make it up to you?

"Don't worry about it."

Vermillion: Sorry I ruined you chance with the Schnee Dust Company.

"It's fine. He wanted you dead, and I value my family more than some stupid ass deal that would only benefit a corporate shyster."

Weiss: Are you gonna be fine with the way things are? Those guards are relentless.

"Hehe, I'll be fine, Weiss. I was planning on leaving tonight when the party was over. I'm heading home tonight."

The two started walking towards the airship before Verm turned around.

Vermillion: Hey, sis? Tell Mom and Dad I said hello.

"(giggle) Of course, bro."

Vermillion's POV:

As we approached the ship, I pulled out some Lien to pay for our "trip".

Pilot: For the both of you, it's gonna cost more than that.

Weiss then paid some Lien of her own, then he agreed to let us on board.

Pilot: Okay, you can hide out back in the cargo hold. I'll take you as far as I can, but if we get caught, you're on your own. Understand?

She nods, and I do the same. We hopped on board and the ship took off.

"Whew... Finally, we're on our way to Mistral."

Weiss: Yeah...

She paused, then asked a question I figured she'd ask.

Weiss: Hey, how did you sneak that letter into my pockets? Everyone was looking at us.

"Well, using my guns for so long have made my hands swift as wind. Sleight of hand, if you will."

Weiss: Okay. And how did you sneak past the guards like that?

"Part of my training with my Semblance relied heavily on being able to dodge oncoming threats. You can't aim down an opponent if they get you first."

Weiss: That makes sense.

We both went silent for a few minutes, before she spoke up.

Weiss: You never talked about yourself before. I never knew you were from Vale.

"Yeah. Me and Auree live in a relatively small town in Vale. We're lucky we haven't faced down the Grimm yet. We never had the lavish lifestyle you did, but we made do. When I finally got accepted into Beacon, I was ecstatic. I finally had a chance to bring more to my family. For the longest time, I resented your family. I always knew your father was a corrupt man, who only cared about himself. I hated you because of your father's sins. But then, I got to know the real you. The Weiss I came to love."

I looked to her and saw a luminescent blush across her face.

"I wasn't lying about pretending to be higher than you. I wanted people to see me as a highborn noble who adored me for what my family did. But Lapis, you, and even Ranger have shown me that I don't need to pretend to be some noble. So, I thank you, Weiss. Thank you for making me be the better man I could be."

Alongside the blush, I could see a smile across her face. She lunged towards me as she trapped me in a long, warm hug.

Weiss: Thank you, Verm.

"For what?"

Weiss: For being there for me. I don't know how I'd get here without you.

"Don't sell yourself short. I'm pretty sure you would have made it this far on your own. You've always had the determination."

Weiss: (giggle) You really have changed, haven't you?

"(chuckle) Guess I have."