Chapter 2521-2530

Chapter 2521: Miao Jing and Zhai Yaohui (22)

"Uncle Zhai, a woman named Qi Minlan cornered me today, saying that she's Brother Zhai's fiancée. She doesn't like me and wants me to move out of the Zhai family's house. Uncle Zhai, what should I do?"

Old Zhai's eyes widened. "Who? What did Qi Minlan say?"

"That can't be. Miao Miao, is this a misunderstanding?"

She was a child whom Grandma Zhai had doted on for years, and Grandma Zhai didn't want to believe that Qi Minlan was as demanding and arrogant as Miao Jing was describing her to be.

Feeling Grandma Zhai trying to protect Qi Minlan, Miao Jing was no longer willing to speak any further.

Miao Jing could feel the Zhai family's attitude toward Qi Minlan.

Zhai Yaohui's gaze toward Qi Minlan was the same as that toward her. They were both his younger sisters.

Uncle Zhai clearly liked her more while Auntie Zhai liked Qi Minlan more.

No wonder Qi Minlan dared to say that she was Zhai Yaohui's fiancée and that the elders had already approved of it.

Since that was the case, Miao Jing wasn't going to be such a shameless person.

The future daughter-in-law of the Zhai family, Qi Minlan, had already clearly expressed her dislike and unwillingness to see her.

Actually, she could understand Qi Minlan's mindset. She had spent the Zhai family's money, which would eventually be Qi Minlan's. It was only right for her to be upset.

She had been staying here for almost a year and was almost completely literate. It was time for her to get a job to support herself.

Miao Jing looked at Grandma Zhai and smiled. "Perhaps it was really a misunderstanding. Uncle Zhai, I'm almost done with the courses you applied for on my behalf. I think that I'm ready to get a job."

"It's hard work to take on a job..." There wouldn't be a need for Miao Miao to work and earn her keep once she married Yaohui.

Grandma Zhai agreed. "Miao Miao..."

Miao Jing insisted. "No, the reason I wanted to be literate was so that I could get a job and support myself. Compared to the past, I think I'm in a much better place to find a good job now. Uncle Zhai, thank you for giving me such a good opportunity. I'm returning to my room to study so that I can get ready to look for a job tomorrow. Auntie Zhai, I'll return to my room."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Miao Miao..."

Grandma Zhai felt the distance in Miao Jing's words and felt particularly uneasy. "Old Zhai, I didn't mean anything else. I just think that Minlan is a good girl and wouldn't do such a thing."

Old Zhai huffed. "That's what you think, but isn't that like saying that Miao Miao lied to us?"

"Then, isn't that a misunderstanding?"

Old Zhai shook her head. "You've always thought that Qi Minlan is good, but I've never thought so. That girl puts on an act in front of you, but she knows many other boys too. Although she's never crossed that line, she's had many ambiguous relationships and her heart isn't for Yaohui."

If Qi Minlan was really a good girl, he would definitely hope that his son would marry her and live a blissful life together in the future.

"That's impossible. Minlan isn't that kind of girl."