CHAPTER I

Christmas is in 2 days. I can't even stop thinking about last year when he died. It was like it was yesterday, and I can't stop imagining it. My head was spinning around and around...and I couldn't stop thinking about Michel. What even happened to him? I don't know. Nobody knew, but himself.  It was a typical day for my parents. I am an only child, so it's kind of boring to talk about myself all the time. I have a best friend though, and her name is Nina Fischer. She always comes to my house, since she's an only child also. In fact, she's coming today.

"Hey Nina!" I beamed as she came from the door,

"Hi!"

"It's almost Christmas. I'm planning to go to Michel's house once again." I told her.

"I mean, Nicky...you're eventually going to start weeping and crying, are you sure?"

"I am positive." I strictly said. She gave me a little nod and we sat down on the couch together. All the precious little memories came swirling by my head. After a year Michel died from an unknown reason, I never stopped letting go from it. I always wondered what caused him to die, or WHO did it. I'm pretty sure nobody murdered him...

I hope.

•••

1 more day until Christmas and me and Nina went to school together. It felt lonely and quiet without Michel.

"I wish he was still here with us...remember when I gave him the ring for Christmas?" I said,

"Yes, Nicky, you told me that many times. I understand, and I'm sorry about that." Nina patted my back as I tried hard not to cry. I wiped my tears as we went to English.

When I returned home, I went on the balcony in my penthouse. I grabbed the note before Michel died, and he wrote me a love note. I cried and cried..wishing for him to return to me. It will never happen, but I hope someday he will come back to me. Christmas feels empty without him, and I want to figure out the cause at least.

Christmas is tomorrow and I don't know how I'm going to cope with the pain.