Royalty PT.3

Hi, yes. I am back from the dead. Just in case you forgot,

Love Intrest: Nightmare

Genre: Horror (Maybe?)

Requested by: A lot of you guys

Extra details: None

Warnings: Body horror/Gore, Slight PTSD

Enjoy~

You stood beside your new lover, the King Nightmare, who had committed mass murder only a few months ago. The two of you were watching the new castle being built, after the other one had burned down because of the both of you. Nightmare had his arms wrapped around your body, holding you close.

His head was resting on top of yours, his breaths somewhat even as he watched the workers built the huge castle. You were holding his hand, your thumbs brushing over the wedding ring that was on his ring finger. You had getting married a few days before the construction of the new castle was started, and the townspeople were a little suspicious of the sudden wedding. They thought nothing of it, the knights the king had were also new, and it seemed like the King was just starting anew.

Rumors of the previous Queen spread throughout the land, some saying that she fled the country once she learned of the Kings mistress, others said that she died of sorrow because the King had left her for someone more beautiful than she. But until the official letter of the King was sent to any place available, it said that the Queen had died of a sickness that she was hiding for years.

But now, you were standing with your King, watching the castle finish its last room. The sun was setting on the horizon, and Nightmare finally moved from his seemingly frozen position.

"Hm? Nightmare?" You said, watching him move from behind you to your side, your hands still tied together.

"Sweetheart," He whispered. "It feels so weird to have that word come out of my mouth." His other hand trailed up and brushed his lips softly, as if he was thinking of something.

You watched him do this, your breaths coming in short. His body flashed between the one from your memories, with the blood on his lips and his tattered, bloodied, clothes, to the one in real life, with his clothes worn neatly on his body and his sword without the blood. You hand tightened in his grasp, making him look at you worried.

"Y/n? Are you okay, my love?" He said, leaning down slightly to meet your eyes.

Your eyes widened briefly, before returning to normal. "I think I'm okay, Your Majesty." You spoke. "Just some old memories, that's all."

His eyes narrowed at yours, but he pushed it aside. "Alright. Whatever you say."

You turned and faced the nearly complete castle, watching as the ant sized workers left their posts to go home for the night. The bedroom should be completed by now, Nightmare had made sure that was one of the first things made.

He looked up to the sky, his eyes scanning the horizon, watching as the clouds rolled across the sky. The sun was almost completely set, and without warning, Nightmare picked you up. He was carrying you, to where? Probably the bedroom.

You were in your thoughts, so you barely noticed him move. He moved quickly yet carefully, as to not stir you too much. He thought that you were more tired than he was, but in reality, you were wondering why you had married a mass murderer.

Your brain kept going back to the night after you had to clean most of the blood in the old castle- before Nightmare burned the place down. He said something along the lines of, "The smell of blood will overpower the smell of ash and fire."

The sound of that horrified you, more than anything else he had said to you.

But this point, however, you've learned to accept whatever he does- no matter how hard it was.

He's your husband now, there's nothing you can do about it.