Used to it (Ch. 5.b)

"It's been no more than 10 minutes--and you two already set off the trap?"

They nodded in unison.

"*Sigh*.. I'm not even going to bother.. Just follow us."

He said, acting unsurprised. Walking down the other side of the hill, they reached an enormous field surrounded in tall grass. Wizard lightly nudged GingerBrave's arm, quietly asking him:

"That crooked tree there.. doesn't it remind you of something?.. or someplace.."

"Yeah! Now that I think about it, lots of these flowers are made of jelly.. I've seen these before!"

Many crops were already getting picked up by the residents, whose laughs were immediately deemed familiar. They followed behind them as the shiny and vibrant colors of the small village made the three run down memory lane. The very same pink Bearjelly Prince busted in and welcomed the cookies.

"Heeeey! It's you cookies again! It's been soo loooooong!"

Madeleine explained that the BearJelly Village had expanded their fields, whilst still keeping a rather small territory since their population hadn't increased yet. They were found by some of the farmers who gladly took them into the BearJelly Village and they said they'd let them take as much food needed. A small table was already set up for the cookies to eat, Espresso was examinating the jellies.

"Wait a minute.. Where are the other two? Y'knoww! That red spicy one and the little.. mustard one?"

"Uhh"

The cookies looked at one another, unsure about how to answer.

"They stayed behind to..-- to help out the other cookies! You have heard the rumbling, right?"

"Of cooourse! It got everyone panicking yesterday.. the Cake monsters even showed up again!"

Strawberry Cookie remembered the first time they arrived there, when the cake hounds just started attacking.
Espresso looked closely at the shimmering and smiled in amusement as he turned to one of the local BearJellies who made the food.

"Say.. what did you use to bake these?"

"The jelly flowers from the field are the main ingredient! It's what makes it jelly in the first place."

"I see. Would you mind if I could take a few samples?"

"I don't see why not!"

He thanked him as he was handed a few flowers. Whilst he put the rest in his bag, the cookies had finished eating.

"Remember how Custard wouldn't stop stuffing his mouth with the jellies?"

"And how we needed him to stop or else he'd get a stomachache? Yeah. Vividly."

As they laughed, Madeleine smiled.

"You guys have been here before?"

"Yep! When we were searching for the Vanilla Kingdom, we ran into this place."

"No.. I remember we only found out about it later on. We were going for something else at first."

A young bearjelly came running from behind the hills, he yelled at the top of his lungs.

"The cake hounds! They're baaaaack!"

Immediately alerted, they headed to the big fields. Strawberry Cookie remembered how they first defended the village at the start of their adventure; she felt like history was starting all over again, but at greater difficulty. GingerBrave and Wizard, who were both sitting on the same stump due to their situation, almost immediately fell off when trying to stand up. Then, they almost tripped again when they were trying to run with the others, pulling each other in something similar to a hug to regain their balance.