Calm Before the Storm

TW// Swearing

Dream knocked on the spruce door. It was time.

"Finally," Techno sighed as he opened the door, "Took you long enough."

Dream and Nightmare walked into the house. Nightmare looked up at Techno, who looked down on him.

"Techno," Phil said, noticing his stare, "Be nice. He's here to help us."

"Oh yea," Dream laughed, "Nightmare told me he kicked you! How'd he manage to do that? Were you not paying attention?"

Techno turned his head to Nightmare, who had moved to the corner of the room. He was just standing there quietly, watching the conversation unfold.

"No, I was making sure he wasn't hurt," Techno scoffed, "I knocked him down, then he kicked me."

"Damn," Dream sighed, "Same to me. We were training and I knocked him down, then kicked me, that's when he told me he did it to you." Dream turned to Nightmare, who was still standing in the corner silently.

"Oh come on man," Dream scoffed, "Did I not tell you that you could message them? Stop standing there so quietly, it's creepy." Nightmare shook his head, and pulled out a menu.

"I don't care that you don't like Techno," Dream got closer to Nightmare, "Be nice and say something."

"Heh?!" Techno also took a step closer to Nightmare, "You not liking me? You kicked me, I should be the one not liking you!"

"Boys." Phil said sternly, "We're here for a reason."

"Sorry." Dream and Techno spoke at the same time, which made both of them share a glance.

"So, Dream," Phil said, more calm now, "Do you have the items we need?"

"Nightmare." Dream motioned his hand for Nightmare to come forward. Once he was closer to everyone, he pulled out several stacks of redstone, handing it to Dream.

"Yes," Dream answered, holding the redstone, "Yes we do have what you asked of us."

"Perfect," Phil nodded, "You keep hold of that, but do you have the gunpowder?"

"Oh right-" Dream walked over to the enderchest, and pulled out the gunpowder, "Here. Sorry I forgot about it."

"Ok, that's all we needed," Phil put the gunpowder into the enderchest, "We plan to meet here at 6am this Wednesday to go over our final plan before we head out."

Techno looked at Nightmare, who was looking around the room like he was confused, "Do you not know our plan?"

Nightmare looked up at the tall pigman and shook his head. Dream slightly shifted his gaze to Nightmare, but then looked at Techno and also shook his head.

"Oh well," Techno shrugged, "We're going to blow up L'manburg... but like for real this time."

Nightmare stiffend and shifted his gaze to Dream, who was still looking at Techno, 'That's why he never told me.' Nightmare thought, still looking at Dream.

Techno noticed that Nightmare was staring at Dream, and cocked his head in confusion, which made Nightmare quickly look away. Techno walked up to Nightmare, standing barely a foot in front of him.

Phil sighed as he watched Techno move, "What did I say about being nice to him, Techno?"

Techno looked Nightmare up and down, examining everything about him. He looked at the embroidery on the poncho, his sad mask, and the burns he had on his neck and the scars on his hands.

"Dream, you said this kid's experience in fighting," Techno spoke, still examining the scars, "But these scars and burns are from explosions, which don't happen in most fights. How'd he get them?"

Dream hesitated, he knew he'd have to come up with a past for Nightmare, but he didn't expect Techno to be so direct. Just as Dream opened his mouth to speak, Nightmare pushed Techno away, and opened a menu.

'My past is not of your concern. I suggest you stop questioning Dream before I get upset.'

Techno read the message, and was visibly angry, but then he chuckled slightly, "Nightmare... what a stupid name."

Nightmare flipped him off, which made Dream and Phil burst out with laughter, well Dream more wheezed.

"Well," Phil inhaled, calming down, "I think this concludes our meeting for today. We have two days until Operation Doomsday, so get prepared."

Techno turned back to Phil and nodded, Dream and Nightmare nodded to each other.

"We shall head to Nightmare's house now," Dream and Nightmare bowed, "See you Wednesday." Dream walked out of the house, Nightmare following close behind.

Techno closed the door behind them, "Dream caused those scars."

"I know Techno," Phil sighed, his voice laced with concern, "I know."

----------------------------

Author's Notes: Hello nerds, how're you? Hope you're good. :)

I hope you're enjoying the story so far, I have plans to make the Doomsday chapter almost twice as long as my normal chapters, filling it with action, angst, and everything good.