Scarlett McClain

Age:17

I never understood life, and what it meant

I never understood life, and what it meant. The sad thing is people accepted the work, the sleep, and the entertainment but nobody really wants to dig deep enough to find out the true meaning of life. Most believe in heaven or hell, god and the devil, some believe in reincarnation, and then there's people like me who believes once I die, nothing happens.

Darkness.

Just pure darkness.

In the deepest sleep for eternity.

"ughhh..dad! Scarlett's daydreaming again!"I heard my little brother yell

dad! Scarlett's daydreaming again!"I heard my little brother yell

My little brother Miles McClain is 13 years old. We just moved here to East highland, California with our so called father, Micheal. My mother Cleopatra, passed away 2 months ago and my father Micheal took custody of me and my brother. I hated the fact that I had to live with my father, Miles was too young to remember the things he did, but I remember. When I was 7 I remember my father yelling at my mother, telling her how stupid and dumb she was. How he wish he never met her, and that he couldn't wait for the divorce to be over with. I remember hearing a loud smack, then my mom miserable cries. At mom's funeral a few months ago, he started crying so bad till mucus came out his nose and his eyes was red as blood. People crowed him showing him sorrow and pity, hugging him. I fucking hate him and he knows it.

"Scar, please stop daydreaming"he sprinted around the house looking for his 'special tie' he had a job interview today and he was about to be late

"Have any of you seen my tie?"He asked looking under the kitchen table

"Nah"Miles replied, slurping the milk that was left in his bowl

"Why the fuck would it be under the kitchen table Micheal?"I questioned him

It's the smallest things he does that sets me off. The way he laughs, the way he talks, the way he walks, the way he dance. Everything about him makes me fume of anger.

"Ouuu"Miles instigated

He raised his eyebrow at me and placed his hands on his waist. "First of all, stop cursing and second of all stop calling me Micheal...I'm your father show me some respect!"

"You were never a father, just a fucking sperm donor"I pushed my chair back and grabbed my book bag off the couch

"Let's go Miles"I said walking out the door

"Scarlett!"My Dad yelled

It was quiet as Miles and I walked to the bus stop. I walked holding by bike beside me.Suddenly Miles broke his silence "why are you always so mean to dad? He did nothing to you"

"Miles...you don't understand, there's things you don't know and-"

"What things?"Miles asked me

"Things, you don't need to know yet, there's your bus..have a good first day bud"I patted his back before hopping on my bike and making my way to East highland high school.

I always hated school, It reminds me of prison, here's 5 reasons why...

Reason 1: The day is controlled with a schedule

Reason 2: You can be there for 10 years or more

Reason 3: It's a broken fucking justice system

Reason 4: The food is disgusting

Reason 5: It forces you to do shit you don't really want to do

After high school they try to encourage us to go to college, which in my opinion is a scam. 17+ years in school. Work. Retire. Die.

Fuck that.

If I have to be alive, then I'm gonna live life my way.

"Hmm. so this is East highland high?"I whispered to myself

I rode my bike up to the bike rake and secured it and locked it. As I made my way into the school I saw girls who wore clothes that showed their cleavage, ass,and thighs. They were hugging each other like they haven't seen them all summer.

I saw boys who were in crowded circles laughing, some were looking at girls asses as they past.

I started looking for locker 211, that's my assigned one.

I felt someone bump into my shoulder almost causing me to nearly fall.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I wasn't looking!"

She was a platinum blonde, skinny, girl with blue eyes and pale skin.

"Well pay attention to where the hell you're going"I scoffed, walking away

I continued walking down the hall searching for locker 211.