You're the guy (Fluff, small angst)

(A/N): I think I've rewritten this authors note about six times now. For some reason, every time I try writing anything, it ends up becoming mild angst. This oneshot is all over the place- though it's meant to be fluff, it still has a big-ish argument. We're getting there. It's very dialogue-heavy, which means more opportunities to not know Luci's speech mannerisms. I mean, even I don't know what I'm doing at this point. Enjoy this confusion- and the cringe.

(Cuss warning)

Like most days, Bean, Elfo, and Luci were off on an adventure- one that would probably get them killed. Something about a sheep? Meanwhile, you were attempting to read a book in your bedroom- but your thoughts kept leading you astray.

You had always admired how tightly-knit their friendship was, how they were the trademark trio, how they had stuck together since day one. Something about the way they looked after each other made you wish you were as close as them.

Though you were friends with all of them, you always stuck to one side as the others went to complete quests and get drunk together. It's not that they didn't like you, or that you didn't want to go. You liked to pretend it was because you didn't have that 'special bond', but you knew the real reason was your overwhelming crush on Luci. 

It was ridiculous. Once, you nearly passed out when he held onto your arm. 

You decided to stop bothering about everything and just read, when the announcer yelled, "Announcing the return of Princess Tiabeanie the first, and... whoever they are!"

Running to meet them, you noticed Luci was in a crutch, Elfo had a black up eye, and Bean just looked really, really tired.

"Guys!" You rushed to the castle gates, where they stood. "Are you okay?! What happened?!"

"It's a long story." Replied Bean.

"Elfo got hit by a chair!" Giggled Luci, like a small child. 

Later, while Bean was bathing (and Elfo was trying to peak), you and Luci sat in your room, playing cards on the floor, diametrically opposed.

"Hey, I need to ask," You inquired, "how the hell are you so calm, when you nearly died half an hour ago?"

"You get used to it." He replied nonchalantly, "got any sevens?"

"Go fish."

Luci slammed his cards on the ground. "This game blows!"

"You're just mad because I've got more sets," you teased.

"Well I burn the deck!"

"That's not Go Fish, Luci."

"Oh, really?" Luci retorted, as his tail leant down to the neat stack of cards, and set it on fire.

"Hey..." you began, ignoring the miniature bonfire in the middle of your bedroom, "Can I ask you another question?"

"Ugh, do you have to?" Luci grumbled.

"What do you do if.. if you like someone, but you can't tell them..?"

"Look, dude. Decide what you want, drink until-"

"You have the nerve to go for it, and keep drinking so the inevitable rejection doesn't hurt so bad," you interrupted, "I know, I was there." 

You sighed. "But I can't just... it's so much more complicated than that."

"That's why I don't care about other people's feelings," he commented, "way too complex,"

"But I can't just ignore it." 

Luci groaned, "then what do you want from me?" 

"I don't know! There's just this guy I like, and I need to tell him, but I can't, but I can't stop thinking about him and-"

"Shut up!" Luci moaned.

"Why do you have to make everything so difficult?!" You yelled.

"Maybe if you didn't complicate everything!" He retaliated.

"Oh, are you too dumb to understand any of it?"

"You wanna talk to me about dumb?"

"Newsflash, idiot! You're the guy! You're the guy I like!"

You both stopped dead. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. A long silence filled the air.

"Fuck, I mean-"

"You like me..?" Luci questioned.

"Well..." you tried to answer, but the words clogged in your throat. You refused to meet his eye(s?).

"You like me..?" He repeated. He sounded so shocked, as if he had just been told everyone he knew died in a horrible fire.

Luci scampered up to your shoulders, grabbing onto your ears and his feet resting on your chest. You felt your airway tighten and your cheeks grow warm. His face was right in yours. He leant closer to you- and kissed you. 

Even though it was the best kiss of your life, you felt yourself hyperventilating. 

"(Y/N)- (Y/N) look at me, are you okay?" Luci began to worry, amounting panic in his voice.

You became dizzy and the room began to fade. With a thud to the floor, you passed out.

Before you lost consciousness, though, you heard Luci's voice.

"Oh, hell, what's happening?!"

The end sorry it sucked