Chapter 7: Cave

play the song if you'd like matches the vibe!

Y/N POV:

We walked through the same trial holding our phone flashlights. "Did you hear that?" Vinnie says to me holding me close. "What?! I didn't hear anything" I say scared. "Just joking" he laughs. I get mad pulling away from him slapping him on his arm. "Should've wore a long sleeve, I keep getting bitten" Vin says.

That's when we get to the pond, I almost fell in it. "Woah" I say as Vinnie catches me. "Should we really be out here at the time?" Vinnie says. "I mean it was your idea Vincent" I say.

He groans, that's when I flash a light at a rock, it had a symbol on it. "What the hell" I say. "What does it say?" He asks. "I don't know" I say, it was next to the pond so I'm not sure how we never noticed it.

Vinnie touched the huge rock. "Maybe we can move it and it's like a cave inside" he says. "There's no way we can move this huge rock, but it looks like it's blocking something" I say, looking more into it.

BLAKES POV:

I walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water, I was over thinking about how I can get off the football team next year if I don't get my act together. My dad kept giving me a lecture saying that if I don't get my sh*t together and stop thinking about  a specific girl I can get kicked out the team. He told me this before I left to here north coralina. My dads the coachso it's pretty hard. No one knows the girl I'm in love with, but my parents.

If I say anything to my friends, it'll ruin everything.

That's when I heard footsteps going down the stairs. I put my glass of water down, seeing Madelyn rubbing her eyes. "Sup" I say.

"You're so loud" she says with a groan, picking up my glass of water drinking some. "That was mine" I say putting my arms up. "Shut up" she says. I furrow my eyebrows.

We stay silent for a couple seconds. "Do you know where Vinnie and Y/N are? I looked into there room before coming down here and they were both gone" she says. "No, why would they be gone it's almost 3 am" I say. "Well where else would they be at 2 in the morning Blake?" She asks me. We then look into each others eyes.

Y/N POV:

We tried to push the rocks as we set both of our phones on a tree trunk so the lights can still point at us. "It's to heavy, we would need more people" I say. "Well, we can't invite the others" he says. I nod.

That's when Vinnie tried to read the rock, "enchanted" he reads off the rock. "Is that really what it said?" I ask. "I don't know but it sounded like that's what it said" he shrugs. I chuckle pushing his shoulders. That's when the lettters on the rock light up. "Holy sh*t!" I yell as we both back away a bit.

It started to make a noise as it opened. It was dark. "Nope nope nope, this is like a scary movie I am NOT dying today" i say hyperventilating.

Vinnie connects his hand with mine. "Chill out we'll be fine" he says trying to walk in, I stop him, stepping in front of him. "Are you mother cracking crazy Vincent?! Have you seen the movies, they all end up dead stupid!" I say.

"So what are we gonna do? It opened for a reason" he says. "Maybe you said the code name" I reply.

"Fine, ill go in there and you stay out here for a look out" he says. "Uhm no! I'm not only trying to protect myself Vinnie, I'm also trying to protect you"

Minutes later and we where still going back and forth to it. I sat on the ground, leaning on the tree trunk. Vinnie was standing in front of me.

"There can be gold in there y/n come on? You agreed to coming here..of course we where gonna find something and you know that" he says.