whispers of a butterfly.

As the last marriageable child of the noble Kanjou Commission, you will do anything to save your family from the shame of the Almighty Shogun's disgrace. Even if it means begrudgingly marrying the Head of the Yashiro Commission, your sworn enemy since the day he left you standing in the rain. Despite being thrown into the glamorous world of Inazuma's silken robes and afternoon tea, you doubt that real love will ever be part of this union.

After all, how could you ever feel anything other than hate for Kamisato Ayato?

This fanfiction was originally posted on my account in Archive of Our Own (AO3)

This fanfiction was originally posted on my account in Archive of Our Own (AO3). The tags are the following: Enemies to Lovers, Childhood Friends, Childhood Friends to Enemies to Lovers, Arranged Marriage, Jealousy, Mutual Pining, Miscommunication, Smut, Eventual Smut, Canon Compliant, Petty Arguments, Period-Typical Sexism.

Many parts of this story are inspired by the general cultural custom of fan language, which is used to express feelings and love through fans. "Shensu/Shinsu" is the Japanese term for fan.

WARNING: This fanfiction contains material that is NSFW (smut). I am not responsible for the content you consume.

© 2022 emefaerie