Chapter 1

*3rd-persons POV*

After confessing to each other, Shirabu and Semi plant a tree beside the river where they confessed to represent the 1st day of their relationship, unfortunately, a year later Semi had graduated and had to go to university.

They were now calling every night and visiting each other when they had the time. A year passed by fast and now Shirabu was going to university. At the end-of-year graduation party, Almost everyone from the team came, even the 3rd year students who had graduated the year before.

Semi and Shirabu finally got the chance to see each other. Semi was so happy to see Shirabu, only to get hit with special news about his boyfriend from a younger classmate.

"I'm so sorry that Shirabu will be studying overseas." and they walk away.

Semi was shocked, 'studying overseas?', 'Shirabu never told me about this...' Semi thought. Semi makes his way through the crowd of the party before reaching Shirabu, Shirabu looks to Semi mid-way through his conversation with another grad student, "SEMI!!" Shirabu yells. Shirabu immediately hugs Semi, "I missed you!" Shirabu says, "Can you...please tell me about where you will be going to university?" Semi asks, going straight to the point. Shirabu turns serious, "Ok, excuse me." Shirabu says to the classmate, he grabs Semi's hand and takes him out of the loud room. "I heard from another student that you will be...studying overseas?" Semi says, "Is that true?" Semi finishes, looking Shirabu in the eye. "Yes, I will be studying abroad for a year before coming back to Japan, are you angry with me?" Shirabu asks, seeming a bit annoyed, "A little bit, I don't understand why you didn't tell me about this before," Semi says. "Look, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about it, but now that you know, what are you going to do that will change it, what about us?" Shirabu says, "I mean, we could separate and then figure it out when we meet up again when you return from whatever country you're going abroad to," Semi jokes, "I really don't know." Semi says, "I don't think long-distance will be comfortable," Shirabu says, "We should separate for now..." Shirabu says, looking a bit uncomfortable as he finishes the sentence. "Friends?" Semi says, reaching his hand out to Shirabu, "Friends!" Shirabu grabs his hand and shakes it, smiling.

At the end of the party everyone parts ways. Shirabu was going to study abroad in America for 1 year before going back to Japan. Semi was going to university in Sendai to study music.

.

.

1-year time-skip

.

.

Shirabu touched down in Japan a few weeks after he finished the 1-year program. Shirabu slowly moves his clothes and things around back into his room at home. Shirabu opens his laptop to see a thousand notifications from friends. "Are you in Japan yet?" "Tell me when you arrive home!" "I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU, YOU'RE COMING BACK TO JAPAN!".

Shirabu smiles while scrolling through the notifications. He sees an invitation from Tendou for a "Shiratorizawa Get-Together Party". Shirabu clicks onto it,

Get Together Party

From-Satori Tendou

YOU'RE INVITED TO THE GET-TOGETHER PARTY. I HAVE INVITED EVERYONE FROM THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM, HIGH SCHOOLERS, AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE GRADUATED. BRING FOOD AND DRINKS. A LOT OF ALCOHOL IF YOU CAN.

SEE YA THERE!

Shirabu chuckles at the invite, he clicks the going button and then goes to scroll through his friends' pages. He hops onto Instagram and looks around at what his friends have been up to. He was scrolling through some stuff before remembering Semi.