Chapter II: Two

Chapter II: "Are you alright?"

Hwang Y/n's POV

I hate sleeping in an unfamiliar place, it reminds me of how I don't have anyone, not anymore.

I decided I needed to be on the move, if I stay too long, they'll find me. And then my promise to my older brother and sister would be useless.

I have to keep myself alive for their sake.

Are they still alive?

That question runs through my mind all day and everyday.

I collected my things and decided to explore my surroundings.

With my hands in my pockets, hood up, mask on and headphones on I walked aimlessly, through the city.

I wanted to stay in a corner and just sob until I can no longer feel tears roll down.

I lost myself in my thoughts before I knew I bumped into someone.

Stunned, but got up.

The person I unfortunately bumped into started to get angered, I backed away.

"Watch where the fuck you're going, dipshit!"

I started to panic, I'm not good at social interactions, especially altercations.

I wanted to apologize however my mouth felt dry.

Croaking out a weak apology.

However, they got angrier by the second

"Are you mute or something!"

They started to push me around, why are they getting so mad?

I was then dragged into an alleyway, I fought back trying to scratching, push, and kick, however since my body was in a state of panic it was useless.

Standing my ground, as I gulped in utter fear.

"I-I apologize, it was my fault that I was not paying attention, I am truly sorry."

They smirked and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, pulling me closer to them.

"Sorry...unfortunately does not do it for me, kid."

They raised their arm, hand forming into a fist, ready to come down with all the force and strength they have.

While I, stood there shocked and terrified.

And as soon as their fist made contact with my face I felt an immense amount of pain. I stumbled backwards, losing my balance in the process, falling to the ground, knocked down I quickly put my hands up for the defense, closing my eyes, trying to scoot backwards.

They grabbed my collar again, their face contorted into a sinister smile, straddling me.

People walking by, most minding their business.

I understand, who would want to get themselves involved in a violent altercation anyways?

"This is going to be fun, don't you think kiddo?"