The Most Magical Moment of All (Starspeaker)

(Art by Cyprus)

Fatespeaker paced in the corner as Anemone, Tsunami and Starflight tried to word the enchantment. 

Today was a big day. Anemone was going to get Starflight's sight back.

Fatespeaker should feel happy for him. 

But she didn't.

Would he not even need her anymore? She loved reading to him. She loved helping him. She was practically glued to his side all day. 

"Enchant this armband to heal Starflight's sight and scars." Fatespeaker turned around as Anemone enchanted it. She stared as Starflight drew in his breath and put it on.

Magically, the scars he'd had from the volcano incident faded away. And then, he exhaled and opened his eyes. 

His amazing green eyes, the ones that Fatespeaker had fallen in love with.

But he wasn't even looking or saying anything to anybody else. His gaze was fixed on Fatespeaker.

Fatespeaker looked away. She didn't want him to see her face.

"Fatespeaker?"

He got up and ran across the room to her, suddenly twining tails with her. "You're even more beautiful than I remembered." 

Fatespeaker turned bright red. "Um..." Wow. That was the only thing she could get out her mouth. 

Starflight turned back around to Tsunami and Anemone. Tsunami was looking at Anemone with a bit of a worried expression. 

"Thank you," he said. "So much."

"No problem," Anemone said cheerfully. "Come on, I want to help Tamarin!" She ran off, Tsunami at her heels.

"What's wrong?" Starflight said suddenly.

"Nothing!" Fatespeaker said quickly. "What could be wrong? Nothing. I'm happy."

"You don't sound happy. Come on, you can be honest with me," he said. 

Fatespeaker felt half bad, half ACK I LOVE HIM MORE considering after more than a year, this was the first time he could see, and he was wasting the moment on her.

"Okay fine," she said. "Now I won't get to be with you."

Starflight was completely taken back. "What?"

"You won't need me anymore," Fatespeaker said. 

"Fatespeaker..."

"I like reading to you," she said, trying not to cry. That was silly. 

"And I like you reading to me," Starflight said. He grinned. "I like how you put on other voices and have your own reactions."

"Really?"

"Yes. So... do you want to keep reading to me?"

"YES!"

"Okay then," he said. "Fatespeaker, I'll never not need you."

Fatespeaker tilted her head in confusion. 

"I love you."

Fatespeaker fought to contain her excitement. She'd had a crush on Starflight for so long... DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THAT?

"It was just... hard to except that... you know, with Sunny."  

Fatespeaker quickly tried to change the conversation. She could tell he wasn't completely over that crush. "In that case... do you want to read?"

Starflight grinned. "I would love to."