Chapter ³: Scarlet ichor, sword to heart.

As resumed, The control Marquess only saw him as an obstacle, an obstacle that is meant to be pushed back and dolled around.

“You are stubborn aren't you?” she said, towering over the Sealer angel, grabbing him by the wings. Causing him to go through agony as he feels his wings are going to be snapped away from his body.

“BACK OFF, CONTROL.” He exclaimed, still shoving a sword towards her face. Making her drop him. Upon impact, he felt unbearable pain after what he fought through.

“You are aware I'm a Marquess, right? Awfully nice. I'm flattered~” she smiled upon the compliment made by herself only. Kusunoki had enough of her. 

“You lead my kingdom to darkness..” He uttered, gathering all the strength he has, feeling inferior.

“No.” she straightforwardly answered, snapping her fingers. And everything went from black to a smooth field of butterflies.

“Wha…” Kusunoki looked around, knowing everything just shifted its atmosphere.

“Welcome to my pocket realm, Pigeon.” She announced, turning around. Butterflies find their way in the field and meet the grass to give out a glow of yellow.

“...why did you bring me here?” Kusunoki asked, raising a brow. And the woman just answered in a ominous tone,

“No one should see your corpse, or know that you've died, dear.” The sealer felt rage, felt something is going to erupt soon and he will not hold this back at any time. 

“.... Let's settle this in the battlefield. I don't care if I die peacefully, But I'd rather die in reality than a facade made by you.” He fought, And in return, Kintoru shifted the venue again, back to the place where many lives were lost.

“Are you sure?,” she paused. “Are you sure that you would want to die here? With a pile of corpses?”

“They're my people.” Kusunoki argued, receiving a deathly stare from The Marquess.

•••

“ What a chivalrous heart you have! It's such a shame your 'people' are 'corpses' now.”

“Let's just settle this, one on one.” he said, spreading his wings. And so it starts.

He prompts by shooting up in the sky and going down, As he does, He sees her smiling with a mask on her face, and in a blink, she is gone.

A few seconds in He got pushed towards a wall in brute force. Leaving him hurt in the process. But his wings still have their charm. 

He flew up again, acting like a crane in the sky. He went around the entity and managed to land blows.

A final blow was up to commence, He flew up and then back to her, only for his sword to be blocked by her wavering her weapon of sorts —

A Scythe.  A large silver blade that is held with a red gem on its center top, A handle of pure black with golden charms adorned on it's silverware.

He then tries to land his sword at least onto her unjust flesh, but none hit. It was Kintoru's turn.

Each swift swing of her scythe left Kusunoki baffled as one of them almost sliced his wing off. He dodged, but not for long.

•••
As the heavens above watched their deathly play, One of the lords, Lord of lies, kept eyes on Kusunoki. The lord made the Marquess, which left him a bitter and guilty taste.

He was forced to make her with his own flesh, and he cannot fight it. But at once he found the young warrior ready to even die by his own creations hands..

He knew, He could only give a blessing, one that the forgers won't think about. And that's what he did.

As Kusunoki was cornered upon Control, He felt..light. And looked at his sword. It gave a faint red glow, and mist started to flow from the sides of the ruins.

As Kintoru was supposed to Kill him with her own two hands, A sword jabbed through her chest, giving her a haunt. Everything became a blur.

“It can't be! No…No..” she said in a hurry, as she descended to the ground.

“You will PAY for this!” she yelled, before she completely submerged, and left a small sapling in its wake.

It might as well be the future Sakura tree that rests in an ancient ruin, lying beautifully like the rest of the place.