Meet Megan

"Megan come help with your boxes" Garrett, Megan's father called. He was helping her move in to the dormitory on the college campus. Wilfore University. Megan wanted to come alone but was annoyed that her parents had to move here too. She thought that she would finally be free from their strict hold, well she thought wrong. Standing on the side of her father's Ford Expedition, she refused to help move anything. Just turning 19, and ready to explore the world and live the college life. Under Garrett and Melanie's thumb, she wouldn't be doing anything. She could just hear her mother's voice now, " Megan come home on the weekends. Don't break curfew, go to all of your classes, no partying." And the list goes on and on. While they mean well, they were too over bearing. At least their house was on the other side of the town. Wilfore is a medium sized town with a huge forest located next to it. She smiled at the small amount of freedom she still was getting. Deciding to carry the last box inside, Megan closed the door of the Expedition and walked towards her dorm room. "235, 236, 237.." she counted the numbers in her head until she reached a flight of stairs. The sign on the wall read that room 300-340 was on the second floor. "Uugghh" she climbed the flight of stairs and walked to room 323. Once she reached the room, she immediately collasped on her bed. Garrett laughed as he hung pictures up on her side of the room. "Didn't think to take the elevator huh honey?" He laughed louder when she groaned in her pillow. "Wassup I'm Dominique. " Megan looked up and Garrett turned around to see a blacked hair, rocker type chick step in to the room. She was beautiful. "Hey I'm Megan and this is my father Garrett." Megan said standing up and straightening her clothes. She looks like she is bad news. Don't get too close. Garrett projected the thought in to Megan's head. See, Megan is special. So special that she is not human. In fact, she is a warrior faerie. She is the last one left. The race died out a long time ago ending with her great great grandmother, Zelda on her mother's side. Melanie did not inherit the gift but her only daughter, Megan did. Garrett and Melanie wanted their baby girl to fit in and have a normal life, but they also wanted to protect her secret. If anyone found out her secret, there is no telling what they would do. Megan nodded her head once, acknowledging her father's statement and began to put away her clothes. The dorm was pretty huge. It had two king sized beds, a flat screen t.v., a PlayStation 4, two computer desk tops on each side of the room and a bathroom. "Now Megan, I know you may be needing to get around and mom and I may not be available. So close your eyes." Garrett said stepping close to Megan. She closed her eyes in pure excitement at the thought of having her own car, but something square and hard dropped in her hands instead of a pair of keys. She opened her eyes and looked down "your very own bus pass! It's takes you anywhere you need to go." Megan raised an eyebrow at her father who was still going on about the many wonders of a bus pass. "Gee thanks dad." She said rolling her eyes. "No problem sweet heart. Now I'm going to go and let you settle in. Remember to come home tomorrow because classes starts on Monday" He said finally leaving the room. Megan tucked the bus pass in her purse and continued to put everything away. Even though she had her back turned, she could feel Dominique's eyes boring in to her. She finished and sat down on the bed. Garrett had decorated the bed in pink with an M in the middle of the blanket. "Your dad is quite the character." Dominique said kicking off her spiky boots, showing her hello kitty socks. "Yeah I know. But my mom is way worse than him" Megan said laughing. "So do you want to go take a look around while it's still light out?" Megan asked Dominique. She didn't care what Garrett had said, she was determined to make a new friend. Dominique agreed and put her boots back on. Grabbing her purse, Megan let Dominique leave the room first. She got to the door and blinked, making the lights turn off. Closing the door and looping in an arm in Dominique's, Megan gave a small wave and locked the door. Smiling to herself, they took the elevator down and walked out of Johnson Hall.