one!

"APRIL! OFF TO SCHOOL!" libby yelled to her sister, hitting her hip against her sister's pink door, as she went to the kitchen. once she approached it, she opening the pantry to the many snack inside.

looking for her favorite (and miriam's favorite), she couldn't seem to find it. sighing, she closed it and went towards her sister's room.

"april! devon! i cant find any of those maple waffle things! can one of you help me?" libby called out, knocking on april's door.

libby heard a scoff from the room, "just a sec! you go, i'm going back to bed."

"what? she's your sister."

"you bring her all the snacks!"

"it's for her and miriam though!"

a silence filled the air, before the door opened, revealing a sleep-diverted devon.

"mornin, sunshine." devon said, ruffling libby's hair, which she quickly smoothed out. she just got the right volume on it, and she wasn't gonna loose it.

"the maple waffles you buy me? where are they?" libby asked, following devon into the kitchen.

"you sure you didn't eat them all? last night? wasn't the little purple girl over?" devon asked, as he looked through the pantry.

"abby? she doesn't like maple syrup. she does like the rainbow fluff pies, though." libby said.

"hmm...what about priya? what does she like again?" devon asked, as a yawn was heard from behind libby, which revealed april now dressed in her matching sweatpants & coat, pink like her hair. the coat was a bit cropped, which revealed her stomach slightly, but she couldn't be bothered.

"priya likes chips. anything salty." libby explained, standing on her tippy toes and staring at the ceiling.

"hm, just like her." april laughed to herself, going into the fridge and grabbing a apple.

"don't be mean," libby frowned at her sister, who smiled and ruffled her hair, as libby sighed and fixed it again, a blush rising on her cheeks out of embarrassment.

"here they are, oh. they're expired, though." devon said.

"how long ago?" libby asked, as april buttoned the top of her red shirt, making libby roll her eyes.

"uhh...three days. they should be good." devon said, tossing them to libby.

"okay, meet me n devon at the market, okay? don't go anywhere else! if i'm not there, wait with him until i come back from work." april lectured her sister.

"she's not 8." devon smiled, making april scoff and stuff a baked good from the coffee shop she worked at in his mouth, which he kindly accepted and munched on it.

"see you later!" libby called out, unbuttoning her top button and rushing out the door.

"you worry too much." devon said finally, as libby was gone.

"i'm just a worrier, okay? she's got a big mind and no logic in it!" april said, munching on her apple again.

"she's smart!" devon defended for her.

april sighed, "we shouldn't even be talking, we graduated early. we're not even that smart." april admitted.

"i wouldn't say us."

april rolled her eyes at her boyfriend.

••••

"MIRIAM!" libby yelled, rushing over to her pal, who was munching on day-old chips from her locker, "i found us waffles! devon couldn't find them at first, but he did! they're kinda old, though."