Chapter 9: (Not) A Safe Place

Jake: Do you want to help me get some herbs?

Y/N: Sure.

You got your basket and the both of you went outside.

Aunt: Jake..

Jake: I know

Aunt: Careful!

Y/N: We will!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Y/N: She'll make medicines again?

Jake: Yup, as always. She'll give you some after she's done making them.

Y/N: It always feels like your healing every time you go to your place. Plus, accompanied by the fresh scent of those herbs.

You both giggled.

____________________________

Jake: There's some over there. Wear your gloves first before picking those.

You hummed in response

.......

Jake: Anyway, let's go to my grandma after

Y/N: Hm? Sure. I wanna meet her anyway.

While picking the herbs, a bright red butterfly landed on your right hand.

Y/N: Oh-

You gasped.

Y/N: Jake look!

Jake: Huh?

He turned to you and immediately spotted an outstanding color that was on your hand.

Jake: Woah~ I haven't seen a red one before.

Y/N: Oh-

Jake: Oh my- it's on your neck.

The both of you admired the butterflies, not until the setting sun's rays shone at your place making the nearby surroundings more visible. But the butterflies flew away.

Y/N: And off they go... They must not like the sun.

Jake: That's weird but, interesting... Yeah, besides we're at the shade.

Y/N: Mhm.... Anyways, I'm done. Let's go home before it gets too late.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You hummed a nonexistent tune while lying down on the bed with your eyes closed... A strong wind blew open the window, interrupting your peaceful time.

You clicked your tongue before getting up to close the window. Before you do so, a red butterfly landed on the window as your eyes widened.

"Why is it following me?" you thought.
Shivers went down your spine after a scary thought went across your mind. "W-what if this is a sign of something... Bad or.. Something... Creepy?.." Immediately, you shooed the butterfly away and shut the window while your heart was still racing in fear.