Chapter 13

-Continuation of part 12-

Shuichi's Pov
----------------------

I was unsure of what to think when Tenko volunteered herself but I knew Maki was unhappy. She was trying so hard to change her mind. She must have felt the same feeling I did about the ritual. I can't blame her. Someone she cares(?) About is probably putting their safety in something that might be dangerous. I would be the same way if Kaito or her volunteered for something dangerous.

But I was trying to comfort Maki right now, who was currently pacing outside. Korekiyo gave us a few minutes prepare ourselves but said we should hurry before it's time for the trial.

Kaito's Pov (kaitosimp5: 😍😍)
------------------
Me and the rest of the people who didn't partake in the ritual were in the cafeteria, some being in their room or labs. I couldn't help but feel weak since I let my fear of ghost take me out of being in a situation where Maki roll and Shuichi could get hurt.

Shuichi's Pov (kaitosimp5: 🙄🤚)
--------------------

Tenko was guided to a stone in the middle of the circle, she was instructed to put her forehead on the stone and stay there. We all begain putting the rest of the ritual stuff together. We then stood around the circle a and Korekiyo gave us the lyrics to the ritual song we would have to preform, I wasn't a good singer at all.

The lights turned off and we begain singing.

The thud I heard scared me but I continued till the end. When the song was over, Korekiyo turned on the lights. We then looked over to Tenko to see if she was alright. I turned paler when I saw blood underneath the cage. "Guys! The cage.See if Tenko is okay!" As soon as I said that we all begain taking everything off the cage, well except for Kokichi who just stood there.
I'll remember the look I saw on Maki's face when we saw what happened next.

Ding Dong, Dong Ding.
A body has been discovered. Now then, after a certain amount of time, a class will begin! Since we have a double murder that happened so suddenly, I'll give you more time! Get to it.

Maki's pov
---------------------
I was angry at myself and at her. I couldn't persuade her out of doing the stupid ritual and now she's gone. And I can't do anything about it. I was about to cry but I then realized I couldn't. We had to look for evidence. Once everyone else got here Shuichi said we should split up and look for evidence for Angie and Tenko since we didn't have much time to do that with Angie. Me,Kokichi,Miu, Korekiyo, and Gonta went to look at Angie's lab for evidence while the others stay with Tenko.

We then begain the investigation.