Prologue

Prologue.

Previously on the Bachelorette...

"I love you!" Becka exclaimed as she ran her hands along Leo's face. "Why don't you love me? You haven't said it!" Becka had told four people she loved them. She wasn't supposed to say love; it gave the constants false hope. "I should have gotten rid of you by now!" She was hysterical. Everyone was supposed to love her, but he didn't.

"I'm sorry; I thought that as the competition went on I would fall in love with you." Leo said hesitantly as he moved away from her, "but, I'm sorry." Becka let out a cry, a moan of annoyance.

"But I'm the bachelorette!" She whined throwing her fists down to her sides.

"And that is why I don't think you should give me that rose-"

"I'm not!" She screamed at him, leaning in so he could see the silver filling in her back tooth. "You think that after the way you treated me-"

Like a proper gentlemen that doesn't want to lie or get publicity... A guy that wants someone forever not just for the television, Leo thought bitterly as he let her lash out. He never wanted this, but he thought it would be fun or at least funny. His other friend that made it in the competition had already been eliminated, but hit it off with one of the girls on the crew, so it was a win, win. Except for Leo, right now he felt like he was losing.

"You are never getting another rose me from me." She bit out as she ripped the petals from the stem. He watched the petals fall. He wasn't upset about leaving. He was just upset that he wasted this much time over a girl he really didn't see a future with.

"I do wish you the best, but I want someone to share a life with forever. I don't see that life with you." He said gently to her as she wiped away her tears of rage. Her makeup was smudged and her eyes were puffy. "I hope you can make it work with Drew or Mark..." She just shook her head and walked away leaving him silhouetted by the candle light, the ocean breeze making her dress flow like a cape behind her. He looked to the camera and waited for further instructions. He never watched the show, he didn't know if people did this, he didn't know if people rejected the person they were supposed to be in love with this far into the competition.

"Well that was interesting..." Kris Morrison said as he walked up to Leo.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset her, I should have told her sooner, but I thought that I might fall in love with her if... but... I mean after seeing her like that..."

"She is crazy and you want a nice, normal girl." Leo nodded. "Normal girls are hard to find." Leo nodded again. "You know what?" Leo raised an eye brow as they walked away from the romantic setting. "I think you are going to be a fan favorite."

"You think so?" Leo questioned with a laugh. He couldn't imagine letting Becka down after 7 weeks was going to make him a favorite.

"Girls are going to kill for that laugh as well." Kris added.

"What are you saying? That when I get home everyone is going to want me?" Leo laughed again as he pulled his tie undone. He didn't like dressing up, although he had to admit, he did look good.

"I am saying or rather asking..." Kris turned to face Leo, a smirk plastered on his face. "Do you want to be the next Bachelor?"