Chapter 2: Unnecessarily Being Nursed By An Angel

"Yo Kiyotaka!"
"Yo."
    It was the next day after Ayanokouji had given his umbrella to the angel and it was currently break where his best and only friend, Itsuki Akazawa called out to him and started chuckling at Ayanokouji's greeting.
"C'mon man, you need to put more energy into it."
Ayanokouji just mumbled under his breath about how many times he's been over this.
It's not my fault this is how I sound. Ayanokouji thought as he got up with Itsuki and made their way over to the vending machines like they always do.
"You seem fine."
Ayanokouji turned to look at his best friend with a slight confused look as to what he was on about. Seeing his look, Itsuki continued speaking.
"We'll yesterday you didn't use an umbrella to take home, so I thought you might have a fever."
That isn't impossible for Ayanokouji as he had been out in the rain yesterday longer than he had intended to. He had also taken a 10 minute shower last night, which might've been a bad idea.
Today is a Friday, so even if I do have a small cold, I'll have the entire weekend to rest up. To Ayanokouji, this wasn't a big deal as he has a better immune system than most students.
"There's nothing to be worried about as I made sure to take a proper bath yesterday."
Ayanokouji lied through his teeth as he didn't need Itsuki to worry about him. Throughout the school, Itsuki could be the person he trusts the most, even though that trust is so little.
"That's true, with your Obsessive Cleaning Disorder, there should be nothing to worry about."
Itsuki responded while Ayanokouji took out his drink after him.
"Oi... that's because my house is really empty, so it just seems clean."
"You sure it's not just because your a minimalist."
Ayanokouji sighs in response as he starts walking back to class and opening his can with Itsuki right next to him.
"I'm not a minimalist, I just moved in and don't have much to buy."
"That's what a minimalist would say."
Itsuki refutes back with a little chuckle. Ayanokouji can't remember how many times he's had these types of conversations with his friend and always gives up in the end.
Sighing in defeat, Ayanokouji and Itsuki made it back to class and continue talking to each other.
Once the day was over, Ayanokouji made his way to the apartment building and as he exited the elevator, he started to clench his fist as it started to feel numb.
Did I actually catch a fever? Ayanokouji questioned himself.
As he looked up from his hand, he was met with the sight of a beautiful girl with her blonde hair fluttering in the wind and soft perfect skin, both her delicate hands holding onto my umbrella that he let her keep yesterday.
Ayanokouji sighed once again, knowing that somethings going to happen and she's not just here to return the umbrella.
"Is there something you need?" Ayanokouji asked as he was getting out his keys.
"I came here to return your umbrella. Thank you for letting me borrow it." Mahiru had answered back with a little bow as gratitude.
Ayanokouji took the umbrella out of her hand but as he did, he saw her remaining still and staring at his face for a few seconds to the point where it got uncomfortable.
Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak she beat him to the chase.
"You have a fever, don't you?"
"No I—"
As Ayanokouji spoke the first word, denying her suspicions, her eyes narrowed a little to the point where a normal person would be a little nervous in this situation.
Guess she doesn't like me lying. Ayanokouji thought.
Therefore, he sighed in resignation and simply nodded before talking again.
"Yes, but it's only just starting to take affect. A few hours of sleep would do me good and I'll be back to normal."
As Ayanokouji answered he used a little force to put his arm towards his door with his keys in his hand to unlock it as Mahiru was in the way of it.

A/N: Yeah one day I just stopped writing here, I'm not sure why. Anyone can have this and do what they want with it!