052. "where I can't be yours and you can't be mine"

LII

LII. SECRET LOVE SONG

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                            Ⅱ                            ▷

Why can't I say that I'm in love?

I wanna shout it from the rooftops

༻───────────────༺

          DECEMBER BREEZED THROUGH NOVEMBER LIKE it was nothing, for that meant Christmas was slowly making its arrival. However, Lucia wished for the whole month to be nothing but the month of gifts, but the unfortunate day of her birth lay very prominently on the calendar, sticking out like a sore thumb.

Despite the day should be the day to be celebrated by her, but she couldn't exactly celebrate the day that also took her family away from her, could she?

Lucia shut the dandelion pendant she had in possession and threw it into her jewelry box, bitter in resentment. Bitter of herself.

She shouldn't have been the survivor of the attack... anyone but her...

Despite herself being deep within the dumps, Lucia had to remind herself that there were more to December than it being the month of death. It was nearing the end of the year, which also meant that O.W.L.s was just around the corner and that she should only focus on that and her future if she wanted to fully escape the grasps of the Beaumonts fully. To finally end at least one of her sufferings with guarantee.

Ron and Hermione's prefect duties also became more and more of a pain a Christmas approached. They were called upon to supervise the decoration of the castle — though they spent more time arguing and complaining than they did decorating, as well as to patrol the corridors in shifts with Filch, who suspected that the holiday spirit might show itself in an outbreak of wizard duels. They were so busy that Hermione had stopped knitting elf hats and was fretting that she was down to her last three.

"All those poor elves I haven't set free yet, having to stay over during Christmas because there aren't enough hats!"

Neither Lucia, nor Harry had the heart to tell her that Dobby had been taking everything she made as they shared knowing gazes with one another before turning back to the activities they were doing.

Whilst Christmas was deemed to be the most festive and happiest time of the year for Hogwarts students, she had begged to differ. Christmas had always been the one festivity that she dreaded all because that meant she would be given two choices: either stay at Hogwarts, or go back to the Beaumonts and visit her special person that had been waiting for her for so long...