Chapter 23: The picnic

Veena made Naina sit down calmly, she kept all the others a little away from Naina and her cookies. Kashish came forward to help them. She saw how Veena came near her and loved her.

Veena: Naina beta..bohot accha laga ki tum aa gayi..

Naina: Auntie..woh...

Veena: humme sab pata hai yeh beta..aur mai bohot khush hu..

Naina: Auntie..I promise..mai Sujal ko kabhi dukhi nahi karungi..

Veena: Mai jaanti hu beta..iss duniya mai agar koi hai jo Sujal ko hurt nahi karega toh woh sirf aur sirf tum hi ho..

Naina blushed and Veena kissed her cheek. Vassu came closer and caressed Naina's hair.

Vasundhara: Naina, dear, we are all profoundly happy that you and Sujal have decided to give it a try. I hope you two succeed and find love in each other..

Kashish looked up at Vassu. Her eyes were a little watery. Naina, being an army officer, very observant, saw that. She wondered, if Kashish loved Sujal then why marry Piyush?

Kashish, Veena and Vassu along with Naina got the mat ready with all the food. CG and Lalit came and sat down.

CG: Naina beta, hum toh ek le sakte hai na?

Naina: Ji uncle, aap sab toh le hi sakte hai..

Lalit: Wonderful! Mai bhi le leta hu!

Sujal: Arre! Naina! This isn't fair!

Piyush: Aur nahi toh kya! Naina this isn't fair!! Hum bhi lenge!!

All: Ha! Hum bhi lenge!!

Veena: Theek hai! Sab le lo ab!! Par sirf ek hi lena hai!

They all came and took one one cookie. Sujal came and sat down next to Naina. Kashish came and sat down next to Sujal. She caught Sujal looking at Naina with his lovie dovie eyes.

Piyush: Sujal! Naina! Chalo! Khelte hai! Kashish tum bhi aao!

Veena: Ha beta, tum teeno jao aur masti karo, theek hai..

Sujal got up and gave his hand to Naina to help her get up. Naina took his hand and got up. Kashish got up herself. She looked at Sujal who took Naina's hand and never left it. He dragged Naina with him to the group and they started making their groups. Mehek decided to sit this game out and helped Veena and Vassu in setting up the food on the mat. Kashish, Piyush, Sujal and Naina were in one group and Rishi, Sanjana, Varun and Aman were in one group. They started playing. Kashish saw how they both were in working in synchronization. Their team was the winning one. Even Piysuh was working in synchronization. Soon the game ended and Sujal, Naina, Piyush and Kashish's team won. They all were very tired from all the playing.

Veena: Chalo ab sab log aa jao! Khana khaa lo!

Vasundhara: yes come quick everyone! Or else CG and Lalit will eat everything prepared!

All of them then came and started eating the food prepared. Kashish and Piyush sat next to each other. Piyush looked at Kashish for a moment and then got up from there and sat next to Sujal. Kashish kept on looking at Piyush. She couldn't understand what had happened all of a second that Piyush decided to get up from next to her and sit next to Sujal.

Piyush: Toh matlab mai sahi tha.

Sujal: Arre, Piyush..tum..

Naina: Kis baat par?

Piyush: ye hi ki tum dono ke beech mai kuch chal raha tha..

Sujal: Nahi Piyush..pehele nahi tha..

Naina: Ha Piyush, woh toh abhi abhi Sujal ne kaha ki..