Chapter 28: Misunderstandings

Naina after meeting with Lieutenant Ameer, went to office. She had handed over the file and briefed him about their encounter with the goons. Naina came back and met Yudi on the way up.

Yudi: Hi man!

Naina: Yudi! Good morning!

Yudi: Good morning! Well meeting ho gayi?

Naina: Ha, hogayi! Bola hai ki kal aake sab kuch bata denge yaha pe.

Yudi: Maine toh resign kar diya hai. Ab tumhe jo karna hai woh karna! Bye bye! I'm off to meet a few friends!

Naina: Ok Yudi..bye! Have fun!

Yudi left. Naina turned forward amd saw Sujal standing there. Sujal gave her a peculiar look and then walked away. Naina couldn't understand why Sujal gave her that look. She followed Sujal till his cabin.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sujal went inside amd his anger was growing with each passing moment. Naina noticed it and thought that he was angry because of yesterday's dinner which she skipped.

Naina: Sujal, I'm sorry yaar..kal ek boho5 hi zyada important kaam aa gaya tha..agar important nahi hota toh mai zarur aati dinner pe.

Sujal: let it be Naina! Please! Tum..tumne..

Sujal looked away for a moment. His heart didn't believe it but his mind, his past experience made him doubt everything.

Sujal: Tum mujhe dhoka kyu de rahi ho Naina? Kyu? Arre agar mujhse pyar nahi hai toh bol do na! Mai zabardasti nahi karunga! Please Naina! (Tears rolled down his eyes) please! I can't take betrayal..not anymore..ab aur takat nahi pyar ke liye ladne ki..ab aur nahi hai..

Naina: Sujal mai sach keh rahi hu..I Love you! Koi majboori nahi hai! Mai jhoot kyu bolungi Suju?

Sujal: Naina toh phir mujhe yeh batao (He stopped crying) yeh batao ki woh kaun tha jis se tum aaj subah baat kar rahi thi?

Naina realized that it's not just limited to yesterday's dinner. She couldn't tell Sujal who it was..not yet. She knew she has to cover up. She told the half truth, or rather we can say she hid the confidential part.

Naina: Ek dost hai Sujal. That's it.

Sujal: Naina, Piyush aur Kashish bhi pehele sirf dost the..par aage jaake unn dono ne shaadi kari na! Although abhi Piyush ne Kashish se divorce manga hai..

He then remembered that Naina didn't know about Piyush's decision. All his anger vanished in thin air for a moment.

Sujal: Naina! Tumhe pata hai Piyush ne Kashish se divorce mang liya hai..ab woh log alag hone wale hai!

Naina: mai jaanti hu Sujal..Piyush ne mujhe kal bataya tha car mai aur mujhse kasam bhi li thi ki mai tumhe kuch na batau aur sath hi sath uska mann badalne ki koshish bhi na karu.

Naina thought its best to clear the misunderstanding before it occurs. Sujal was convinced. Piyush was a type of a guy who would give kasams and ask to not tell anyone. Then all the anger he had on Naina emerged once again.

Sujal: Ha..Naina dekho, mai nahi chahta ki tum mere upar koi meherbaani karke mere sath raho. Agar aisa kuch hai toh you are free to go!

Naina felt hurt. But she knew that Sujal was saying this because of everything that has happened to him in the past. Naina knew she had to try and understand him. But she also knew that Sujal is not in a mood to listen to anything that she says right now. She had no option but to leave. Leave..for now? Or forever? It depended on Sujal..

Naina: Theek hai Sujal..agar tumhe aisa hi lagta hai ki tumse koi pyar nahi kar sakta ya phir mera kuch chal raha hai kisi aur ke sath then it's fine..you just showed me how much you trust me..Bye Sujal..mera resignation tumhare paas ek ghante mai pahunch jayege. Bye Mr. Sujal Garewal.

With thsi Naina left his cabin. Sujal kept on looking at her path. She left. She too left him. He felt a sharp pain in his heart. He tried to engage himself in work but the tears started to flow from his eyes silently. He knew he messed up..but if there was nothing like that then why didn't Naina tell him who he was, what were they talking about! Anything about that guy! But she didn't. All she did was leave him. He started to wonder if he is destined to find happiness in his life or not! Everythime this happens with him. Happiness knocks on his door just to vanish away.

There was a knock on ghe door. The person came in and handed over a letter to Sujal and then left from there. Sujal opened the letter and saw that it was Naina's resignation letter. He tried to keep it aside for a while but he couldn't. He then tried to work. But Sujal couldn't concentrate on his work and out of frustration he first picked up the letter amd then threw the letter on the ground and left with his car keys to sit on his favorite cliff.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jaane Har Baar Mere
Saath Kyun Ho Jaata Hai
Main Jisse Chahata Hoon
Mujhse Woh Kho Jata Hai

Is Mein Meri Khata Kya
Koi Mujhko Bataye
Pyar Karne Ki Itni
Kyun Saza Dil Yeh Paaye

Sujal was sad. He knew he was doubting Naina falsely. Why was he like that? Why? Why couldn't he just trust people? Maybe because kf the past experience he has had with Kashish..he trusted her but what did she do? She betrayed his trust and married Piyush..he trusted Piyush..what did he do? He married Kashish. Although now, Piyush was divorcing Kashish but to Sujal..to him he had already been betrayed by both of them. Sujal thought,

Sujal: Ab meri zindagi ka phir ek baar mazak bann gaya..jis se pyar kiya usse maine khud hi dooor kar diya..ab Naina shayad kabhi bhi mera chehra nahi dekhna pasand karegi..maine aisa kyu kiya! Par Naina bhi toh bata sakti thi na woh ladka kaun hai..ussne kyu nahi bataya..ussne mujhse uss ladke ke baare mai kuch kyu share nahi kiya..Naina bewafa nahi ho sakti..shayad meri kismet hi phooti hui hai..

He looked up at the sky and tears started to flow. He was broken..but this time, he broke himself..