Eva

"Yo let me ask you somethin right" I sat back in the seat and took a deep breathe. "What are we doin fa real" my leg began to shake as Danni just kept driving with the blank expression as if she wasn't even listening to me. "Whatchu barkin bout now" Danni replied smirking as she kept her eyes focused on the road. "Chill on that shit for real D.. cause you know what the fuck I'm talkin bout" I cracked my finger and turned to look out the window.

"Eva please don't start with that bullshit again" Danni tapped the side of the stirring wheel as she exhaled that sentence. "Bullshit.. ME! Yo you're a fuckin joke" I was getting real tired of being her "closet bae" like why can't she just introduce me to her friends? Is she ashamed of me! "Yea okay.. yea we gon see who's the joke iight" said Danni. I looked over at her as if she'd lost her damn mind. Which she must have "Nah fuck all that! Every time we run into people you know I become ya homie" she pulled the car over and put it in park "are we not friends? I thought we were at least on that level" she smirked again and tried to hug me. I shifted to the right dodging her hard "stop playin me like I'm dummy and bullshitin I'm really getting tired of it" she reached for the gear shift then looked over towards me. "If you're really that tired than maybe we should stop kidding ourselves" I sat up with the coldest expression on my face "that's ya word?" She pulled off and chuckled. I couldn't believe how easy it had come to her to be so cold. But to top it off with disrespect an complete disregard for my feelings?

What am I doing for real? What I do next I gotta remain calm cause she wanted a reaction for no reason. I sat back "yea maybe you're right." I sat quietly thinking "I don't know what type time she on but this is not the move. Understand me and understand me well, there is a lot you can tolerate and this ain't it E." I texted my best friend that I was ready to go for sure now. We pulled up to Amanda's an I hurried out the car. I grabbed my camera from the back seat and dapped my bestie up "what up fool you ready to hit it?" Amanda nodded "yea bruh been waiting on you. Oh I didn't know Danielle would be here, what up witcha?" Danni came around an head nodded "what's up Amanda" she locked the car doors an asked if she could use the restroom. I rolled my eyes and walked towards Amanda's truck "aye I'll be in the car bruh" I got in a sat everything in the backseat. I saw Amanda go back inside and Danni coming out towards me. "What up?" I raised my brow irritated as fuck. "Damn I was just joking babe. You know it's hard for me to explain how I feel" I waved my hand "nah I'm good. I got a shoot to do, I'll talk to you later" her mouth fell open and Amanda got in the car "let's hit it bruh bruh" we slapped fives 3 times then hit our little dance and laughed as we drove off.

"EVA!!" Chase yelled my name and my mind snapped back to reality. "Uh.. I'm so sorry. Yes Chase my bad... I got lost in thought for second there" I adjusted my blazer and looked over the new client she was going over with me. "So this is why you seem like a perfect fit for this shoot" she brushed her hair back from her face. The light hit her skin perfectly raising the fine hairs on her face. I immediately snapped a photo "look at how the sun kisses your beautiful skin" I showed off the photo and she smiled "you really have an eye. This is so beautiful can you send it to me?" I agreed and we got back to work. My mind couldn't help but flashback again to my past with Danni.

"Look y'all I'm just tryna ball and be out. It don't even have to go down for real" I dribbled the ball and checked it with the girl on the other team. We finished out the game and dispersed. I was wiping down with my towel when I felt a light tap on the shoulder. "Thanks for keeping it neutral out there I don't know why ol girl was doing all that" I put my towel down on my bag and pulled my shirt over my head before turning around. "Ain't no thing. Like I said I came out he-" her beauty caught me off guard but I rushed to finish clearing my throat "uhm uhm my bad yea I just be tryna ball" I dapped her up "say what you bout to get into though?" I tossed my shirt over my shoulder and turned back to her admiring me as well. "Nothing why what's up?" I gave her my phone "put your number in. After I get cleaned up maybe we can hit up this bar my best friend told me about" She smirked "or we could kick it in general... I don't really like bars" she said as she passed back my phone. "Ahhh so it's Danielle... my names Eva and it's whatever as long as I'm kickin it with you" I winked then dipped. I did a head nod after I saw her get in her car then pulled off.

Before I knew it the day was over and my mind was jumping from past to present thinking about Danni and me. When I first met Danni she was the most attractive woman I'd ever met. I had never been speechless just off the sight of a woman until her... I packed up my office and was ready for my first day to be over. My head was starting to ache from all the back and forth in my mind. I got in my car but couldn't find myself to start driving, my mind wondered off again... "Thanks for meeting up with me I hope I didn't keep you long" I sat next to Danni in the booth "it's cool I haven't been here that long" she moved over an passed me the drink menu. "So Eva you from here? I've never seen you before it feels like" I giggled an waived the waiter over "hi, can I have the island paradise and a shot of Henny an a Red Bull.. also a refill of whatever she is drinking" I looked over at Danni to confirm and she nodded. "I basically did we moved to Dc my high school year I been here ever since. What about you Danielle?" We glanced at each other an smiled "born and raised for sure" the waiter came over with our drinks "are y'all ready to order or would you like a minute?" We both said "a minute" then laughed "so uhh what else you do besides ball?" I threw back my shot and waited for her answer. "Well I am currently preparing for my LSAT" my eyes grew big "oh wow a Lawyer huh" she lite up an begin to tell me all about how she planned on owning her own firm and how her firm will touch all aspects of law. I was throughly intrigued and did I mention she's fine. I mean head to toe with this woman. "So are you ready for the test?" I asked as she sipped the last of her drink. "Yea I'm more than ready honestly but I will be studying more once we leave here" she looked at her watch "well would you like a study partner?" She looked shocked as if I caught her off guard "my bad to soon for that?" I finished my drink and sat down the glass. "Nah it ain't that I uh... just wasn't expecting it is all. Sure why not. You seem cool" I put a 50 on the table and slid out the booth extending my hand to her "well then let's get to it! This is important, we gotta get that business going an soon" we laughed and she took my hand.

I heard a slight tap on the window "you forgot you lens bag inside. Thought you may need that" Chase passed me my bag "Thank you so much Chase. Have a nice night" I rolled up the window and started my car, this blast from the past was truly fucking with me. I mean damn did she have to look that good? Everything she dreamed of she must've accomplished. That's what's up. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow night. But why now?