The beginning

My name is Mickey Bryce and once upon a time I am a bodyguard for the Triple A.
I was good at my job, I was known for being good at my job. Until that ass-munch, Darius Kinkaid, shot my protectee right in the head through a plane window.
Kurosawa, a man with one too many wives, sat forward for less than a second to raise a hand in response to my wave. Less than a second. As much as I hate to admit it, Darius was just that good.
He was a contract killer, at the time not imprisoned, and, despite the fact he ruined my job for me I can't say that I'm unimpressed with his work.
That doesn't mean I like the guy though. I fucking hate him!
Because of Darius, I was put on leave because of him and the simultaneous betrayal of my best girl Amelia.
Amelia who decided that, that was the best time to tell the boss that she was worried for my mental health? Leading my boss to question my effectiveness in the field and put me on mandatory leave of absence until I was cleared by the provided therapist. Someone I hadn't been to speak to yet. All because I went home in tears because I couldn't do my job right.
It has been hard but I finally figured out that it actually wasn't anyone's fault but mine. There were a lot of things I could've done better.
But I could never have preempted that shot.