2 ~ Injured

It had been a somewhat normal day so far. Violet had only done one surgery, which had been successful. But she was booked for another one and therefore was currently sitting in the library, tucked away in a corner and reading up on the type of surgery she was doing. It was an assisted surgery, meaning she would be there helping a more senior surgeon, but she was okay with that since it was a learning experience. 

She would take breaks every so often, either to stretch or to check social media, which lead to many stifled laughs as she would send memes to her best friend, Joe who was also currently at work. in Vi's opinion, his responses to what she sent him were priceless. And more often than not would lead to him sending the gif of Stanley from the Office laughing so hard.

Vi and Joe had met through their work. He had come in with his old partner, Hayden when he was in Narcotics. His partner had been shot in the chest, and Vi had been the one who operated on her. And had also been the one who had given Joe, and the other detectives who'd gotten there, how Hayden was doing.

Their friendship had bloomed from there. If their schedules would allow it they would hang out. Either going to the gym, or for walks, watch a movie or tv show, or play video games. Vi and Joe felt close, but neither ever said anything.

~~~

About an hour before the surgery, Violet made her way to the cafeteria to get lunch, stopping by the E.R. to check in, when she spotted Captain Benson, her Uncle Dom's old boss from SVU. 

"Captain. Anything I can help you with?" She asked, approaching the other woman.

"Dr. Russo! Uh, no, everything is fine." Something seemed off with Liv, and it wasn't sitting right with Vi.

"Everything okay with Noah? With you?"

Nodding at that, Liv tried to move the conversation onto something else.

"Is it Fin? Or Amanda?" Vi thought for a second before her eyes shot up wide, "Uncle Dom?!"

She shook her head this time. "It's Detective Velasco, our new guy. He's alright, but he got shot trying to save a kid", Liv explained, and Vi felt her heart skip a beat.

"Where is he?" She asked, looking at Liv, then at the head nurse at the nurse's station. "Haley, where's Detective Velasco?!"

Haley pointed to the way they had taken Joe, and before anyone could say anything else, Vi was off running.

~~~

"What did I tell you not to do?" She asked when she finally got to the room.

"To not get shot?" He tried to hide the winch as the nurse cleaned the wound.

"Exactly! I can take over, Gwen, let you get back to work." The nurse nodded at that, stepping away from Joe and leaving the room.

"I'm fine, Vi, really. It hit my vest, but I'm fine." 

But she wasn't listening, just telling him to lay down on the table so she could stitch him. "You're fine?! I have to give you stitches, that doesn't seem like fine to me, detective!" She hissed, glaring at him.

He kept his mouth shut as she worked, only speaking once she finished, sitting up to look at her. "I'm sorry Vi, if I worried you, and kept you from your actual job--" 

Throwing herself in his arms, Violet hugged him tightly, which caused him to wince in pain. "Don't ever scare me like that again, Joe! I was so worried", she cried as she held him. 

Moving off him, to check his face, both noticed just how close they were standing. "I'm sorry Vi", he whispered, his breath hot on her face.

"Shhh", she whispered back and then cupped his cheeks to kiss him. It took him only a split second before he kissed her back, his hand on his good side cupping her cheek while the other held her waist.

But just as soon as the kiss had started, they pulled apart, looking at each other in shock. Suddenly the feelings they had bottled up were out in the open, and now there was no turning back.

"I need to go--surgery in 10 minutes", she mumbled, stepping back when he got up. Neither really moved away from the other.

"Yeah, I should head home. Can I see you tonight?" he asked, hands on her waist.

"If you promise to relax before then. Ask Liv to drive you home." 

He nodded, before pulling her back in for a kiss, her lips intoxicating to him and he was desperate for more.

Holding him as close as she could, her arms went around his neck while his own hands traveled down to her ass, squeezing it as they made out, lips going down her neck before he kissed his way back up to her lips.

"Doctor Russo to OR 4. That is doctor Russo to OR 4, please!" Someone said over the intercoms, and both Vi and Joe jumped away from each other.

"That's me I suppose. I'll text you before I leave. I can grab takeaway on the way over", she offered, watching as he pulled his shirt back on.

"That would be nice. I look forward to it."

With one last, soft kiss, Joe left, and a very flustered Violet rushed to the OR to scrub in.